Girls to boys firestone pilot

I've never reinforced a fender or stay... and the only time I've had an issue was with a cheap repop snapping off at the axle tab. Thankfully that was at low speed and I heard it buzzing over the engine because it was a front one.
Its sort of like not changing a standard freewheel axle out for a chro-molly axle. With the standard axle it isn't a matter of will it bend only when it will bend?

Like I said the reinforcements are cheap and easy to do. Better to have and not need; than need and not have

Fenders are rarely dangerous like so many people insist
Almost all of the fenders on modern bikes right now, especially from big box stores ARE dangerous.

The bolt down metal tabs ALWAYS break off due to Motorised bikes doing 4Xs the speeds then the bikes were designed for in the first place, plus vibration, etc.,coupled with the fact that most of these are made in China out of cheap "Chinesium" metals..

If you look in the forums...look up the pics in media of the end results of not only the bikes, but the pics of the injuries done to some of our forum members for not heeding the advice to NOT trust these fenders without doing proper re-inforcement or ditch them entirely.

This is a safety issue that this forum takes very seriously and does not allow adverse advice when it comes to safety issues such as this one which is well known and well documented here in the forums...DAMIEN

Ps...Pay heed to what i have said regarding bad advice on obvious or well known safety issues as far as taking issue with them here in the forums!

I make all my fender mounts out of 1/2" .065" stainless steel tubing & 1/8" stainless plate, I know the dangers of fenders, but if I guy gives a look over everytime you ride it you can catch a failure b4 they eat your lunch & you end up sliding down the highway on your butt. A little maintenance & TLC goes along way in this hobby, stuff happens I know, I had a old lady barely graze me once & I went down! Sliding & rolling on my butt down the highway the I go!!!

What handle bars should I use beach cruiser or a bmx style ?
I found 7/8" Kawasaki bars at a swap meet, and put them on the Timberline frame. I put some original Schwinn paper boy bars on Rat Bike. I don't have any updated pictures with me today :-(

Attachments

• PK80_RatBike.JPG
    PK80_RatBike.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 129
There is a recoat window, once the color goes on you only have so many seconds to get the clear on before you have to wait the 72 hour at room temps.

I think the actual time is one hour. The clear has to go on while the color is still green. I did my Spitfire and my truck that way, no cracking.
I did this when I clear coated a small part. I saw a spray can artist spray on the clear while the base was still wet. I worked for me.

Back