Gold mine of antique bikes

Oddly they still make 22" tires & rims, they refer to them as Windsor tires & rims. Anyhow when I did a search. The rims actually measure edge to edge at 22.5" The guy is going to deliver them 2 bikes 2mrow or the next. So I'll have bikes in my possession & be able to give some more info.

Yeah I think I can fab that girls bike into a cool guys bike, lol I got a nice tubing bender, plasma cutter & welder I'm thinking something cools going to come out of it.

I broke my plasma cutter monday. Got a new one coming though. Stupid thing wouldn't hold an arc, so I chucked it across the shop. lol. My friends were like wtf, I was like it's not holding an arc, it's a piece of crap. lol

Yeah my thermal dynamics plasma started that one day, I'm trying to remember what the deal was. Yeah mines a little overkill it cuts 1" plate clean single pass.

Mine was a cheapo china deal. worked great for 3 years. I know the problem. I was tired of dealing with it. I've only ever tried 1/2 inch, it blew right through, very little slag, all just tapped off with a welding tool. I'll probably fix my old one and give it to the next person that looks like they could use a torch. It's the charge switch for the arc start thats bad. It slowly bends to close, and you have to open it up, remove all the safety stuff that keeps you from being killed. Discharge the caps with out melting whatever you use( or kill yourself). Then reach in with a flat blade and pry it up a tiny tiny bit. To much and it wont charge the cap to fire the arc. PITA!!

@Wrench the schwinn jaguar & the hiawatha silver chief are untouched survivor bikes. Original paint & everything. Old man bought them new & kept them in his living room. There commanding a big price!
Resized_20210802_163733_285907075167861.jpg

@Wrench the schwinn jaguar & the hiawatha silver chief are untouched survivor bikes. Original paint & everything. Old man bought them new & kept them in his living room. There commanding a big price!View attachment 160080
I knew those were special 🚲 🚲 Fooled me there in great shape, True survivors

Looked up a Schwinn Jaguar it wasn't as nice, and their asking $1,600
The 1957 Schwinn Jaguar is worth 3x more than the 1957 Huffman - Gambles dept store Hiawatha

The reason the Schwinn is worth more than the Hiawatha is because the 1957 Huffman -Gambles Dept Store Hiawatha is actually a repop of a 1940s Huffman Hiawatha.

I went & glanced at them 2 old rusty bikes b4 I bought them yesterday, lol I didnt even notice that the girls bike is a skiptooth bike. Must be over whelmed by excitement.😲