Golden Eagle Bike Engines and Accidents

I have a GEBE kit and love it. I feel really safe on it but things can happen. Always check the nuts and bolts after it's been sitting for a while before you take it out. I also hit the throttle before I get on to make sure the belt is tracking correctly and the rim hasn't gone out of allignment.
I also highly recommend a fixed axle (not the quick relase kind) on the rear and front tires and the heavy duty rim and spokes on the rear as this is the point of most failures. Check your tire pressure often and make sure you always wear a helmet.
Mine goes close to 35mph and that is plenty fast enough to get yourself good and hurt. I treat it like a motorcycle in that I always wear a DOT cert helmet, gloves, long pants and shoes when I ride. Lights are also key to safe riding.
Take the lane when going as fast as the traffic your traveling with and keep right otherwise. Keep an eye out for cars riding in your lane ahead of you. I've almost gotten taken out more than once because they didn't see me on their right when they went to take a right hand turn (without using a signal).
Which brings me to my final suggestion.....use hand signals and obey the traffic laws.
Be safe out there. With a quiet ride and a small profile, mbers are hard to see.

I did 2000 miles on mine and the only injuries where self inflicted - NOTE: Never brake the front wheel first in the wet at 35mph. I went down like a sack of potatoes on the engine side of the bike - had a bruise from my knee to above the flare of the hip bone, a busted brake lever (which saved my hand) and a leaky fuel return line to show for it.

The best way of riding is keep to the traffic speed as much as you can - if you can do 30mph do it - the rule of thumb in the UK at least is the faster you are the safer you are on any sort of bike, powered or otherwise... and be aware!

Then the cops decided that I was an easy target - I am still considering legal action over that.

I am considering a 8500 mile ride for charity probably late summer next year assuming I can get monies and such together - round the US - thanks to certain peoples actions and my own health its had to be delayed a bit but I hope to get it on track soon

Jemma xx

gebe accident

I rode a mountain bike witha GeBE setup for about 3 months untill, and It was my fault my bicycle chain got tangled with my tire , the chain was too loose and had come off twice before but I did learn a lot after the concussion. broken ribs and collarbone. i was cruising along about 20 mph pretty as you please no traffic, a side street so I was very lucky, I did not have any protection except the helmet, now I ride a 250 cc honda Helix and the gebe bicycle only with a jacket with armor, boots and of course helmet , sometimes with padded over pants. Soooo don't think "nothing can happen, its a bicyclefor God's sake" whenever you are riding along motor or not and it stops before you are ready watch out

philshannon: Was it the pedal chain? or the motor belt?
Proper set up of a full suspension mountain bike includes trimming the chain to just over the minimum length required to be in the big cog and big cassette gear, with the unloaded swingarm. Then you compress the suspension fully in the small/small gear and make sure the derailleur can take up all the slack. If not, you may have to remove one more link (double check again with big/big). Now check your derailleur limit screws (to prevent chain suck).
Good luck.

Sure. You don't want the chain to be so tight at big/big that it grinds or the der cage hits the frame, but you have to keep it from being too long or it will slap around. I think Sram 1:1 derailleurs have the really strong spring. I have a 5.0 r.d. and it keeps the chain tight.

Back