Good while it lasted, Huasheng broke

VERY Good point. I never hated on the chinese engines, but a lot of other folks have and wrongly assume they are junk.

I've been running my "chinese" engine WAY past the redline and run it hard for hours each day, and have ZERO issues, and it only used a slight amount of oil when new, and seeped out the oil seal, but burned NONE. I'm pleased with it and after its 3rd oil change, the engine didn't seem to use ANY oil. I'm now on my 4th oil change now with brand new oil.

Also this is the cleanest burning small engine I've EVER owned. Never any smoke unless choked, and never an unburnt gas smell. Cleaner than many cars I've driven and owned I can assure that.

Folks can hate all they like on the chink motors, but I'd rather pay under $200 for chinese clone and get good quality, than pay $300-400 on an expensive Genuine Honda (also made in China BTW) or overpriced & harder to repair Briggs & Stratton. Also, it's easier to replace the cheap engine if needed.

Last edited:
I think the agreed opinion on these pages is that the HS is a great little motor but if there hadn't been a brilliant motor to copy it from things would be very different. It's all the bits & pieces that come out of the State owned factories that are the pits. For people in the US who have access to the Honda GXH 50 at US$210 you'd be mad not to buy one and keep the HS for spares. Inside the two motors are identical so you can swap parts but the Honda has more oomph and that is a nice thing to have.

Back