Got some little toys to put on the big toy

Remember Ladies we're using small magneto energy devices.

Which Spark Plug Is Better – Resistor Or Non-Resistor?​

Everyone’s answer is different. Non-resistor spark plugs may not be beneficial to certain people. The voltage generated by today’s ignition coils is more than adequate.

You’re causing more radio interference by using a non-resistor plug, according to the experts (EMI). That’s because using a non-resistor plug raises the voltage and current over the ground substantially.
Remove the resistor from the plug and you’ll see an even greater gain in power. A non-resistor spark will raise the voltage at the spark plug’s terminals.
Hi darwin, I think you are referring to this article in the URL below in your posted answer.

I still stand by my recommendation of resistor plug IF your running any wireless electronic equipment on your bike as the non-resistor plugs will interfere with their function.

If running your electronics on your bike via wired versions, than the resistor plug is not necessary.

I have not noticed any gain in power or lack thereof by using either one...That is known in racing circles, especially with race cars, to be a factor but not so much at all in these basic little China Girls motors that most of us are using.

Hi darwin, I think you are referring to this article in the URL below in your posted answer.

I still stand by my recommendation of resistor plug IF your running any wireless electronic equipment on your bike as the non-resistor plugs will interfere with their function.

If running your electronics on your bike via wired versions, than the resistor plug is not necessary.

I have not noticed any gain in power or lack thereof by using either one...That is known in racing circles, especially with race cars, to be a factor but not so much at all in these basic little China Girls motors that most of us are using.
Just offering an opposing view so folks can decide. I've wondered about the loss of spark/V myself. No facts to show how much exactly on these small motors.

Back