Has Anyone Moved The 212 Engine's Clutch To The Flywheel Side?

I know.

If imbalance happens, I’ll bolt on a clutch on the left as a counterbalance.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll whittle the hub from 4”, down to 2”, and pin it to the flywheel nose.

Last edited:
Instead of trying to get the clutch on the flywheel side, turn the motor around and put like a timing gear set on there to run the chainring the way.
Something like that except you throw the middle part away.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If you got rid of the middle part, your gears would spin counter clockwise, if chained.

Seems like a lot of $$, engineering and custom work.

Last edited:
Cut the crank:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 153
The bottom one would turn the opposite direction as the top one. Then you attach your crank to the bottom to run the chain in a forward direction.

The bottom one would turn the opposite direction as the top one. Then you attach your crank to the bottom to run the chain in a forward direction.
That’s not going to be easy to mesh the custom-made clutch sprocket to your custom made chainring gear.

The bottom bracket location is a fixed position.

The distance to my engine’s crankshaft is 9.00”.

You have to find the correct meshing gears that’ll give you the correct ratio.

JMO, it would cost over $1,000 to fabricate what you have in mind.

Just saying.😁

If the distance from bottom bracket to engine clutch is 9", you can't mesh two 9" gears.

They'd make the distance, but you'd have 1:1 gearing.

You'd need to mesh about a 3"+ sprocket and a 15"+ sprocket to attain the 9" distance.

Then you'd have to fit the small sprocket on a clutch, and adapt the big gear onto a freewheeling bottom bracket.

That'd be a HUGE chainring sprocket!

Back