Head gaskets

Sorry Chainlube I got 2 different bikes a 2t & a 4t sorry for the confusion. I was referring to my 2 stroke bike.

Thanks Wrench, no I'm running a domed piston, & if I could find a .040" head gasket my squish would be perfect. Sometime I need to B.S. with you about a whizzer, I should of just bought a whizzer with all the money I spent on my 4 stroke bike.
I guess you'll just have to cut out your own .040" head gaskets.
While your at it make a bunch so ya don't have to do it again since set up and cut out procedure is kinda involved.
Your biggest hurdle will be finding the correct size hole saw to make the cyl hole.
I got a thread on making copper head gaskets if your interested.
I made Whizzer 4 stroke flat head gaskets Making 2 stroke head gasket should be alot easier

Yeah I watched that thread on copper head gaskets, I got special cutters for that, I'll have to go to hobby lobby & go thru all there different thickness of copper sheets, hobby lobby is good place for copper sheets of all different thicknesses if you are ever in a bind. How many people you think use copper head gaskets & dont anneal them prior to installing them?

Yeah I watched that thread on copper head gaskets, I got special cutters for that, I'll have to go to hobby lobby & go thru all there different thickness of copper sheets, hobby lobby is good place for copper sheets of all different thicknesses if you are ever in a bind. How many people you think use copper head gaskets & dont anneal them prior to installing them?
Probable alot of people don't anneal their copper gaskets.
I'm not sure if these CG copper head gaskets come pre annealed or not

I'm saying no, just because they never have that rainbow color effect they get when you anneal them. Anyhow none that I've bought have. I may be wrong thou.

, hobby lobby is good place for copper sheets of all different thicknesses
First I was buying copper sheet $12 from ace hardware and that would make 3 head gaskets. I need a 4" x 6" piece to make one gasket
Last time I bought copper sheet I bought a 6" x 10' roll of .016" 100% copper roof flashing and made 30 gaskets out of it
The copper cost me $75 so that come's out to $2.25 a gasket.
Whizzer copper head gaskets sell for $16 to $20 each.
Store bought Whizzer Head gaskets are generic (sloppy fitting) so they will fit many different Whizzer head styles.
Over 10 years Whizzer made 5 different heads all with different shape combustion chambers
Over the years the head gasket changed too, it morphed into one style that would fit all the different heads.
So early on I started making my own head gaskets I wanted them to fit better and match the combustion chamber exact

Are we supposed to anneal the aluminum head gaskets too? Surely not.

Hobby lobby has copper sheets from .010" to .060" thick, a 12"x 18" .060" copper sheet at hobby lobby was $25 last time a bought one.

Back