Hello all. Just another noob to the MB world.

RIZ

Local time
4:14 AM
Before I begin I just want to thank all of you that do your best to help out those of us that are new to the mb hobby.
I'm life-long motorhead that has been building street rods for the last 40 years or so (I'm a Model A guy more than anything in that respect). I've also built more than my share of Shovel Head HD's over the years as well, But, when it comes to 2-stroke motorized bicycles I don't know sh*t. I have learned quite a bit over the last week or so by just lurking in the shadows and reading the sticky's that catch my eye.
I just finished my first build, an HT kit on an old beach cruiser. I enjoyed it a bunch but have to admit I was disappointed upon my first ride--but, upon reading about the break-in process I'm hoping to see/feel a substantial improvement upon break-in.
Oh yeah, by the way, I'm in the Riverside, CA area in case any of you folks are nearby and might wanna shoot the bull someday.
Anyway, thanks for the info I've absorbed so far, it's great that you guys share your knowledge so willingly. ~RIZ

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 192
Welcome to the forum! Nice bike, dunno about those handle bars though. I don't think I could ever get used to that style.

Welcome to the forum! Nice bike, dunno about those handle bars though. I don't think I could ever get used to that style.
Thanks, yeah, those "beach" bars are tough to get used to. I'll most likely either shorten them or swap 'em out for a different style.

Welcome!! Nice paint job.
Thanks Tyler, it's amazing what a couple of spray bombs of Rustoleum can do for a rusty ol' bike.
Now if I can just be patient enough to make it through its break-in period I'll be pleased. I also found that this hobby is addicting, just finished this one a couple of weeks ago and have already started my second build.
And again, thanks to all of you folks for sharing your knowledge--it's made it much easier for me (and all newcomers) to enjoy motor biking.

The key to getting these little engines to run correctly is tuning. It can be kinda tricky, most of the time you need to jet down. Also, a good expansion pipe can really wake these things up.

The key to getting these little engines to run correctly is tuning. It can be kinda tricky, most of the time you need to jet down. Also, a good expansion pipe can really wake these things up.
Thanks Tyler. When you say jet down do you mean leaner? I already started my second bike (told ya I was hooked LOL) and just got the pipe for it today. Its a BBR F2 Thrust. Hoping that and a cone type air cleaner will help.
Thanks again! ~RIZ

Thanks Tyler. When you say jet down do you mean leaner? I already started my second bike (told ya I was hooked LOL) and just got the pipe for it today. Its a BBR F2 Thrust. Hoping that and a cone type air cleaner will help.
Thanks again! ~RIZ

Yes, using a smaller jet will make it leaner. The stock one is a #70 is is often times too rich. Also, don't use a mix of 16x1 that manufacture recommends, it's too thick and will only gunk up your exhaust pipe, 24-32 to 1 with a high quality 2 stroke oil is fine. I use OPTI-2 at 100x1 myself.

Again, thanks for the input. I'll keep you posted as to what happens with the red one and the Gas Bike GT-framed Zeda Triple 40 I just bolted together as well. In the meantime, I finally received the last of the parts for my '78 CB750 project (gonna be a rigid framed bar-hopper) so I'm gonna jump on that one for a while.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend and thanks go out to all the veterans that made/make our lives what they are . . . In my eyes, every day is Veterans Day!
034.jpg IMG_0099.jpg IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0150.JPG

Back