Hello From Florida ... Question On Local Suppliers

Installation is hardly quick and easy if you want to do a quality install. It takes me at least 8 hours and occasionally longer to do an install. At 25/hour labor, it adds up.

I know you want to buy locally but your best bet is to get the engine mail order. I strongly recommend a distributor who offers a 30 day money back warranty and whose kits are pretty reliable.

In many areas, $25/hour labor, is not possible to find, either. The seller is doing the work for YOU, by assembling everything. All you have to do is ride ! Isn't it cheaper to buy a steak in a grocery store than in a restaurant ?
Anyway, the link someone posted above to folding bikes, etc, will show some bikes of all types available, & I believe they are located in Clearwater.

Welcome.!
You mentioned King's hasn't replied to your email. They aren't replying to my email either. Despite this problem, their service and prices were good when I used them.
Try leaving him a message. You know, on the one where he says, "He's on the other line right now." See if he calls then. Once I left him a message concerning missing parts, and with no call back, the parts arrived in two days. Maybe his email is just screwed up.

It is fast and easy if you want to spend a lot of time fixing stuff later. Experience speaking. My 2nd build was over a weekend and have not had a single problem.
There's more to it than a bike and motor. Mirrors, helmet, rink holder, cargo racks, fancy brakes, fenders..... I started out with a $50 pawn shop bike and a $150 dax motor. I bet I'm over $400 well spent hard earned money.
Building your own is part of the fun.
Welcome to MBc.

While watching the local news, they had a piece on two Wellington men starting a motorized bike business. I believe they want about $500.00 for the conversion. they sparked my interest, but I am very cheap and had to go the ebay route. I hope that I ain't sorry that I chose this route, but I hardly have anything in it.

Too bad Five Flags is 400 miles away. I have had good service and no run around with Frank down there.

Buying from a storefront like Fank's brings in a lot of "doing business right" standards that may or may not be a part of an online only seller.

We have two dealers in AZ, one upstanding and one you need asbestos skin to deal with. )

Good luck in your search. Jim

Last edited:
Back