Hello from the Iron City.

The Seamus

Local time
1:56 PM
Hello everyone, I am completely new to the motorized biking world. As a recent college grad working as a temp worker I don't the have the money for a regular vehicle, plus I don't want to be hampered with insurance and high gas costs. At first I was considering a small motorcycle but then as I looked more into I realized it wasn't for me. Then I stumbled upon motorized bikes.

As someone who grew up riding around a city on a mountain bike, I thought 'why try to compete with cars, all I needed was bike with a motor (having a ten mile commute over hilly terrain takes the desire to pedal away)!"

So right now I am in the process of saving up for and selecting a bike. I was thinking of going with a Happy Time Meanie with the 80 cc engine.

Welcome aboard.

I don't think you'll regret going for an MB. Very, very practical and a lot of fun.

Don't take this as an actual recommendation, what works for me might or might not work for you, but I've found that the 49cc happy time is a beautiful engine and drivetrain.

though you will hear differing opinions on that, I haven't been sorry.

We'll see you around.

I sent them an e-mail and they recommended for the Pittsburgh a larger engine for tackling the hills and I am not the lightest guy around either.

I am sure I won't regret it since parking and traffic is nightmarish in Pittsburgh, and it will just be like riding a bicycle without getting excessively sweaty or worn out.

I am very glad I found motorized bicycles.

Welcome to the forum. A motorized bicycle should work great for a 10 mile commute.

Back