• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Hello

A

Al Keller

I am trying to get started in motoredbiking. I have had the idea of getting into some type of alt. transportation for some time. A couple of years ago I got a Honda 50 but it was to hard to transport as a full time rv'er so I gave it up. Recently saw an add for bike motor kit . This seems a good solution for my transportation idea. Relatively small,light and beter than walking. I am reasonabaly mechanicaly inclined or was at one time. I am currently looking for a good inexpensive 70/80cc motor and bike to put it on, have some doubts about getting the rear sprocket on correctly. Have e-mailed a couple of places & they talked about having to machine the sprocket to fit the hub! I feel that might be above my ability and where I'm currently located machine shops are rather scarce. I am pretty committed to this and with you guys/gals help I hope to soon be riding! Thanks Big Al

azbill

welcome to MBc ! :D
read all you can and it will pay off for you
you could search 'sprocket' and read as well

S

Scottm

Welcome to Mbc. Read and search. I didn't have to alter my sprockets at all, but had to reverse one. IMHO I think they are made to work with "most" hubs. I suppose there is some kind of industry standard with some variations or if you go hi tech like some of the people here.
Good luck.

D

dbigkahunna

Welcome to MBC. Check out all the forums. The cheapest-Happy TIme, the Simplest Friction drive then move up to belt drive GEBE and geared chain drive Staton. Look see enjoy from the Giant Side of Texas!

O

OldPete

^ ^ What Tex said.
When you do post in the General forum, please state your needs and riding conditions as weight, general health and hills do make a difference.

Welcome to MBc.