HELP! 4 Stroke Huasheng engine throws oil out of carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the best! I saw your plug reference once before but didn't write down the number and I couldn't find it again. Do you have a preferred gap setting?

Jimmy H.

Hey obrau, old post I know, but I'm having carb issues as well, and was wondering where you order the HS142 carb from.. thanks

Thanks, J-Ham!

I think I may have nailed my carb issues; I recently replaced the crap gas cap with one that fits pretty nicely from Pep Boys, and coincidentally after that I began having high speed bogging issues that couldnt be tuned out via adjust screw, which I had to drill the brass cap to access.

I read some basic troubleshooting here in forums, and keyed in on gas tank venting..So I took the smallest drill bit I had, and drilled right through the middle of the cap. After a short but top speed test, I'm tentatively calling the issue resolved. :)

You don't gap Iridium plugs.

They come with the big gap set at the factory and sport a little cardboard cylinder around the threads to protect the gap for shipment.

Note that number in the middle (7) is a heat index number.
If you are riding in snow drop it to a 6 to keep a little more heat in the engine.

I re-read your comments about the GAP being set, duh! Sometimes I can be slow, not unlike is the "world flat where I live" LOL! I tracked the plug down locally yesterday and will install on Thursday.

Thanks for the help!

Jimmy H.

I re-read your comments about the GAP being set, duh! Sometimes I can be slow, not unlike is the "world flat where I live" LOL! I tracked the plug down locally yesterday and will install on Thursday.

Thanks for the help!

Jimmy H.
You're welcome Jimmy, and that 'flat world' thing actually works quite well, you can't just skip my important message and Agree ;-}

I have found a lot of great helpers and friends on this site and I am glad to add you to my "go-to" guys! I had to laugh at myself when I repeated your sign-up page question about 3 times!

Jimmy H.

Yikes..no just 8.6-8.8 ounces! Oil Changing Kit 142-f Engine.jpg The attached picture shows the engine manual section about oil, the items I used to extract the old oil (sans tubing) on the syringe and a a bottle use to measure and fill the crankcase with new oil. I used Castrol synthetic 10w-30!

Jimmy H.

Your intake vavle is either leaking,not seated correctly, or your timing gear is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back