Help! What 2 stroke kit should i buy

Dandrax

Local time
9:37 AM
Im sorta new been doing a ton of research i acquired a used engine and bike but was cared for poorly Tho it did run everything stock toped out at 25mph as i was taking it apart to maintenance i found some parts than needed to replace aswell i was going to buy a a handful of performance parts. But I figured itd just be best to buy a new kit so what kit its the best, fastest for around 250 i was looking at these but i want other peoples thoughts and opinions

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Warning don't buy any racing motors it's a crock of s**t unless you above average internal combustion engineer I bought both GT5 and GT...?
The racing GT5 brags twice horse power is horses**t it faints and chugs at 2% grade had to take the end cup off the exhaust to get any average performance out of it. Any thing with racing sticker on it don't buy it bunch of waivers not for street use.

If your kit is brand new 9nly does 25 MPH just stick with it's not really broken in until 700-800 miles on it then speed comes back up hangs around 28 - 33 MPH.

No I got it used and poorly cared for im not going to use it maybe for second build but want a new and fast so its not worth buying the kits for the heads and reed/carb? What the difference between then to regular ones. So which kit should i buy?

I stripped the bike and am painting it with colorshift galaxy so want a new sparkling motor with it. I wish i of took before and after you wouldn’t believe how bad the motor and bike literally EVERYTHING front to back was just caked with s**t paint was falling off prob due tothe gas and stuff. Oil/gas covered the engine just terrible

I'm on my second Gas kit, my last one was an eBay 80(66cc) Chinagirl kit, ran for 8,000 miles and it topped at 43mph with stock carburetor, and stock exhaust(drilled a hole on the end of the exhaust), I got the T-100(80cc) Zeus Gas kit from Ebay barely on the third tank, from the first tank it said run mine at 5.5oz per gallon then lower to 4oz for later use, from the start it ran 31mph, now it's running a Max 35mph.. it isn't even fully broken in, it has a lot of low end torque & with the 36t it runs fast. I'm very satisfied as a Long time Commute Gas Bike enthusiast.

I'd get the Raw Racer III just cause it has a Reed valve and performance carburetor and it's the only True 80cc kit out of the ones you posted, the others are 66cc, you would have some minor difficult but manageable. Also that's exactly the motor I have, but mine was shipped/sold by UMoto. I'm very pleased by the uMoto product myself, came lubricated and piston was facing the correct direction, also the cylinder was ported, only draw back was it had 32mm intake and exhaust ports, but it manages to get up to speed and it takes off from a standstill stop.

In your price range, you'd be better off rebuilding your old engine with high quality parts. All of these engines are built to a price, with crappy casting, misaligned ports, cheap gaskets and bearings, etc. There are some a little better than others, but there are no magical 200 dollar engines out there. Labor is expensive, do your own work and save big bux! If you decide to spend a little more, DeNardis are hard to beat for around $600 and they are U.S. made.

For the price you're looking at, I'd go for a zeda motorsports "poorboy" build.

They are a zeda 80 that has had the jug ported to a high degree and has a nice head. All you need to do to make it really scream is put on a better pipe (mz65), wide bore intake, and an 18mm carb like the vm18. Even if you don't do that, the poorboy will be better than anything you posted.

Do be warned, zeda motorsports is a busy builder and it may take upwards of 1 month to receive your kit. Also, you will receive no communication other than the automatic emails and if you message them you most likely will not hear back.

The guys who run the place are great at building these engines and they make some of the most powerful bike engines you can currently buy but unfortunately aren't the best at customer service.

But if you want the most out of your $250 or so, I'd go with ZMS despite all of the BS that surrounds them.

https://zedamotorsports.com/collect.../copy-of-new-zeda80-super-stock-r-engine-only

@LewieBike

That's a basic 66cc gas kit, he's asking which would be good. For me I like the 100cc(80cc) kit I got, I'd recommend it with other slight bike modifications like CNC throttle, CNC hub sprocket(or Mag wheels for ultimate cruise riding) & Tripletree suspension..it rides 26mph uphills and has maxed 41mph so far, and I do have a digital odometer on it, that's been checked out.

Attachments

• IMG_20191024_050531555.jpg
    IMG_20191024_050531555.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 202
Back