Here's yet another question for the expierinced MBers

I can tell you for sure that it will not line up!If you look at these pics I just took for you,You can see the stock gears bcd in the space between the mounting holes on the adaptor!Oh yeah also the center dia would also need to be enlarged to be able to pass over the disk mounting area!
My bad I got that answer after I sent my other message, thx for the help.

I can tell you for sure that it will not line up!If you look at these pics I just took for you,You can see the stock gears bcd in the space between the mounting holes on the adaptor!Oh yeah also the center dia would also need to be enlarged to be able to pass over the disk mounting area!
Would this work?

Attachments

• IMG_0747.PNG
    IMG_0747.PNG
    794.6 KB · Views: 150
Actually I forgot I had this sprocket from my first build, would this match up?

Attachments

• IMG_0744.PNG
    IMG_0744.PNG
    704.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0748.PNG
    IMG_0748.PNG
    394.4 KB · Views: 145
Like Ryderz said just buy the sprocket that comes with the adapter. You will be so much better off in the long run, and it will give you and your wife something to discuss over dinner.

Like Ryderz said just buy the sprocket that comes with the adapter. You will be so much better off in the long run, and it will give you and your wife something to discuss over dinner.
Yup here's another spat that will be happening. lol I'm not being cheap cause I'd much rather have quality parts but I'm almost at $1,000 with this build so the wife gets on my case. But thx again everyone and sorry for the repetitive questions, just trying to find an easier and quicker way to get riding again.

Ok so here's a better question. What size sprocket are you using? I do want mid & top end speed but not at the full sacrifice of my low end, there's so many options out there and I've only used the 40 tooth sprocket. What's your opinion??

I have two options, can you guys please look at both and let me know if both will resolve the issue of my chain not clearing my chain stay and also be compatible with mag wheels?? Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0750.PNG
    IMG_0750.PNG
    698.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0751.PNG
    IMG_0751.PNG
    502.6 KB · Views: 112
Ok so here's a better question. What size sprocket are you using? I do want mid & top end speed but not at the full sacrifice of my low end, there's so many options out there and I've only used the 40 tooth sprocket. What's your opinion??
My single speed has a 44, but I live in a hilly town. I usually ride my shifter bike. Right now I have 4 personnel bikes, and 14 others of which 4 are complete for sale. I use 44 and 41 tooth sprockets on these cause some of the towns around here are flat. With minor mods you will get 30 + mph. How fast do you want to go? In the past I also had a financial advisor at the dinner table. I don't think your being cheap for I once knew the price of having a happy wife.

My single speed has a 44, but I live in a hilly town. I usually ride my shifter bike. Right now I have 4 personnel bikes, and 14 others of which 4 are complete for sale. I use 44 and 41 tooth sprockets on these cause some of the towns around here are flat. With minor mods you will get 30 + mph. How fast do you want to go? In the past I also had a financial advisor at the dinner table. I don't think your being cheap for I once knew the price of having a happy wife.
Yea I may go with the 36 but the 42 is the next highest so worth considering. Could you PLEASE look at those 2 photos and let me know if both will be compatible with my mag rims and also fix the issue I'm having with my chain not clearing. I've been without my MB for almost 2 weeks and the summer is soooooo short here, I'm trying to buy either one now. Thanks it's appreciated.

Yea I may go with the 36 but the 42 is the next highest so worth considering. Could you PLEASE look at those 2 photos and let me know if both will be compatible with my mag rims and also fix the issue I'm having with my chain not clearing. I've been without my MB for almost 2 weeks and the summer is soooooo short here, I'm trying to buy either one now. Thanks it's appreciated.
Having never used either I can't guarantee what I'm about to say. It looks like they would both work. The second one is where you have to specify the offset as the hat looks to be a solid piece. If it were to deep it could bind against the rim before tightening. You see how the flange is inboard of the sprocket and the sprocket shims outward for alignment. So if all the measurements were right it would be the easier to use a disc brake with. The depth of the hat is a critical measurement.
The first one shims inward from the hat and is kind of large at the area where it bolts to the rim. It might interfere with a caliper mount, and would probably need longer bolts than provided to allow shimming for alignment.
My gut says the second one is the ticket as long as the hat is deep enough to align the chain and shallow enough to not bottom out on the rim. Yes I know it's a lot of words for no definitive answer.

Back