hf79cc hold the governor ?

the13bats

Local time
11:20 AM
So on the horror fright 79cc i am taking it the governor both helps it keep at a steady speed when used on things like generators or edgers and also keeps it from seeing high rpms that will turn it into a gernade,

But on mini bikes, karts and bikes is it a big pro to remove it keeping in mind i dont plan to run high rpm with it....

Thanks
cheers
b

Yes, without the governor it could explode at high RPM, unless you get and install a billet flywheel and other upgrades to the engine internals. But it is routinely done, the removal of the governor, to reach higher speeds on racing machines.

memento mori

What do a billet aluminum flywheel and connecting rod cost? I sure these parts are designed to exceed the 3600 rpm max governed speed. It's $120 motor, remove the governor, run it 4 to 5k all you want, "IF" it blows buy another!

I think my question was misunderstood,
Rpm is related to operator, if a person stays under 3500 4 k is there any point in removing the governor?

These motors are designed for stationary applications with extended run times at max rpm, that is part of the reason the manufacturer limits rpm to 3600. Totally different scenario for a motored bike, likey to see short burst of elevated rpm then periods of of lower rpm. These motors will handle higher rpm than 3600

What do a billet aluminum flywheel and connecting rod cost? I sure these parts are designed to exceed the 3600 rpm max governed speed. It's $120 motor, remove the governor, run it 4 to 5k all you want, "IF" it blows buy another!
Remember, on a motorized bike the motor is between your legs. So, an effort to prevent the blowing up part is perhaps a wise one. I have removed my gov. Right out of the box. But I don't race the engine. But I have the option to blow up my crotch if I want to.

Even if your connecting rod broke in half it's secured at one end by a wrist pin, and the other by the crankshaft journal, it may break through the case, but it won't reach your jewels.

Unless your running an exposed flywheel, it is contained also

Right i knew why they install the governor.

Cozmik,
Dont always assume,
My engine will be trailer pusher style,
Not concerned with blowing it up near me, more so because i wont be revving the hell out of it,

Still the question remains,
Any benifit to removing the governor for the way i will use the engine?

Throttle response, at any rpm, will be improved ungoverned, less linkaage, less resistance

Back