Predator 212 update ////

bike4life

Local time
5:03 AM
Hi. I tested it out today. I added the yellow "training wheels" to correct instability. Before, without them it would jackknife and wobble for unknown reasons. Now it works good.

The gear ratio i am running is predator 212, torque converter, 10t input to a 25t output sprocket and a 20" wheel. Its a very steep gear ratio and the bike tops out at 30mph with the governor. The trailer weighs 80lbs. I weigh 130. Tomorrow i am gonna bypass the governor, prolly not remove it, just zip tie it shut, because i don't want to mess up the engine by taking it apart. Should i really remove it. I plan on buying a digital tach so i can monitor engine rpms and will never run it above 5000, because the tach will tell me not to based off the read out. I think with the governor disabled, i should get around 40-45mph.

I really wanna get at least 50mph maybe even 55mph-60mph. I ordered a 44t sprocket from amazon. Will that make it faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do i get it faster, should i fix my gearing.

Attachments

• CEFF8747-AE90-42FF-9460-513EAC4C1FCF.jpeg
    CEFF8747-AE90-42FF-9460-513EAC4C1FCF.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 177
  • B216D284-EB99-41B9-A694-CC6CC949431C.jpeg
    B216D284-EB99-41B9-A694-CC6CC949431C.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Bitter be careful with that governnor I have heard stories on the bowl filling with gas going up a hill then without throttle dumps it into the motor making it wheely up take off through traffic being very hard to brake it to a stop!

Hi. I tested it out today. I added the yellow "training wheels" to correct instability. Before, without them it would jackknife and wobble for unknown reasons. Now it works good.

The gear ratio i am running is predator 212, torque converter, 10t input to a 25t output sprocket and a 20" wheel. Its a very steep gear ratio and the bike tops out at 30mph with the governor. The trailer weighs 80lbs. I weigh 130. Tomorrow i am gonna bypass the governor, prolly not remove it, just zip tie it shut, because i don't want to mess up the engine by taking it apart. Should i really remove it. I plan on buying a digital tach so i can monitor engine rpms and will never run it above 5000, because the tach will tell me not to based off the read out. I think with the governor disabled, i should get around 40-45mph.

I really wanna get at least 50mph maybe even 55mph-60mph. I ordered a 44t sprocket from amazon. Will that make it faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do i get it faster, should i fix my gearing.
if you remove the govener, it will float the valves around 5500 rpm.
if you want it to go 55-60, you need to modify the engine some more (a stage 1 kit from gopowersports or omb) that will make the engine scream to around 7000rpms (it will do a lot more but you risk bombing the motor)
just check the fly wheel for cracks and dont go wide open for too long. then it should be fine.

you gearing down the motor, so it should give you better acceleration. when you remove the governer it should over come the 3600 limit. (aka more top end.)

also, i would add a brake to the trailer so it doesn't jackknife when you stop suddenly.

anyway, the trailer looks great!

(also, you can mess with the secondary clutch spring to get more rpm before it shifts into a higher gear)

Back