Hi Noobie looking to build a trike

Thank you so much for a warm reception. I am lucky to have a very mechanically inclined husband but I want this one to be mostly my baby. I have been searching let go, offer up and Craigslist for a single speed trike. If I dont find one by next week I am gonna buy an inexpensive new one off Amazon or EBay so that I can start getting around town asap. I'm on a very tight budget so I will buy a fd front mount kit next month probably as cheap as I can get to start with. Then slowly start upgrading and customizing as I go. I'm super excited and would love to hear insight from this forum. After the trike I want to some crazier builds. I love the rat rod and wizzers.
have you considered going eletric? that would be the good option on a trike (im assuming you want to keep the rear cargo rack)
its not the cheapest but its works
and you will have to wire the batterys in series
(you can use 12v lead acid ones OR (my personal favorite, 6s lipo packs, you only need 2 of these and while not the cheapest, but is very light wieght and fast)
or get a CG kit and somehow adapt it on the drive side of the trike (most trikes only power one wheel)

and a final option, get a gasbikes 79cc or 212cc kit (i would get the 79cc kit, the 212 is a death trap lol)

and welcome to the world of motorized bicycles!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is that a bikebug you have there? You can get parts still for those out of tx if you need them.
Bike bug 1969 /70 it will pull the heavy worksman bike + my fat butt and crabbing gear at 20mph . It is flat here though. I caught a snapping turtle the other day that only has one eye. He is now dinning on catfish scraps from yesterday s catch. Ah life on the Chesapeake shore. Tom

have you considered going eletric? that would be the good option on a trike (im assuming you want to keep the rear cargo rack)
its not the cheapest but its works
and you will have to wire the batterys in series
(you can use 12v lead acid ones OR (my personal favorite, 6s lipo packs, you only need 2 of these and while not the cheapest, but is very light wieght and fast)
or get a CG kit and somehow adapt it on the drive side of the trike (most trikes only power one wheel)

and a final option, get a gasbikes 79cc or 212cc kit (i would get the 79cc kit, the 212 is a death trap lol)

and welcome to the world of motorized bicycles!
I am definitely going gas. I just don't dig on electric. Too new fangled for me, lol.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I am definitely going gas. I just don't dig on electric. Too new fangled for me, lol.
alright, makes sense lol.

then a 79cc engine kit is the best option, 200$ gets you a engine thats powerful enough to be enjoyable and ridable

Welcome, I just did a cheap eBay trike. I was able to squeeze a 66cc China girl between the stays. I also grafted a suspension 24" bike to the front. Just throwing it out there as it keeps the cg down low and the rear rack empty. Good luck with your build. IMG_20190414_110014642_HDR_compress_48_resize_18.jpg

Back