About me/ Avenger 85 questions

Disk in the front, caliper brake in rear, connected by a dual lever. Rear sprocket will be mounted to the disk brake mount on the rim with before mentioned bolts and red loctite.
You may need to upgrade the rear, I put a caliper in mine and the pads lasted 3 stops

Disk in the front, caliper brake in rear, connected by a dual lever. Rear sprocket will be mounted to the disk brake mount on the rim with before mentioned bolts and red loctite.
I found with the three I did, just mounting the sprocket to the disc brake mount on the hub didn't line up to the drive sprocket on the motor. It was too far out board, so this is what I did to move it closer to the wheel. You may not have to contend with this at all in your situation.

This is my latest attempt to incorporate a disc brake.

Attachments

• SproketMod.jpg
    SproketMod.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 34
  • RagJointHardware.jpg
    RagJointHardware.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Caliper1.jpg
    Caliper1.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 25
I plan on keeping gearing higher so I wont be pushing over 40, and I rarely go that fast unless there's no cars around and it's a nice straight stretch of road. I see your point, and 2 rotors would be ideal, but I think it'll be fine for now. Trying to keep this build as simple and cost effective as possible. I'm buying a full face helmet, a mirror, and I already have lights installed. Still trying to stay safe. I've seen to many stories... Safety second!

I plan on keeping gearing higher so I wont be pushing over 40, and I rarely go that fast unless there's no cars around and it's a nice straight stretch of road. I see your point, and 2 rotors would be ideal, but I think it'll be fine for now. Trying to keep this build as simple and cost effective as possible. I'm buying a full face helmet, a mirror, and I already have lights installed. Still trying to stay safe. I've seen to many stories... Safety second!
I've got a few sketchy parts on my 4X bike, aluminum frame, rim brakes on alloy wheel, but the dual pull brake is set heavy to the front and I don't ride it vey fast. It's just a street machine, easy riding and comfy.

1706394943614.png

Back