High idle ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you can put soapy water on it, but itll probably burn off b4 u can see if it bubbles if you run it. i guess put soapy water on it and have someone spin the tire when the clutch is engaged but with the killswitch held down to see if it makes bubbles? i say just redo it. ik its a pain, but its worth knowing its done properly. and when you add gasket sealant/maker, you cant just add it and then tighten it, i tried than and had issues, so instead i added it and left space between the exhaust pipe and the engine, then after an hour tightened it a little, then 15 minutes tightened it a little more, and so on and so forth until it was tight, that way the silicone stuff hardens when theres more of it between the exhaust and the engine and then you squeeze it tight. also, make sure the exhaust and the engine parts that your putting together are as flat as possible. also, you should probably get some kind of actual gasket to put in between the gasket goop. im no mechanic, but im yet to have leaks again. in fact the nuts rattled off the exhaust on one side and i thought it mightve been leaking, but when i took all the bolts off i noticed it was firmly in place and not leaking. if you know that its not the exhaust thats leaking though, make sure its not the intake, manifold, or the connection between the carb and the engine, or in between the float bowl and the carb. i basically just sealed the crap out of everything in one fell swoop to make sure i didnt have to deal with problems when i did it. its way easier to just completely re do everything and not have problems then to nitpick over which gasket is leaking. you could also just replace the carb with a better one, which i was considering before i resealed everything, to eliminate that factor.

well you can put soapy water on it, but itll probably burn off b4 u can see if it bubbles if you run it. i guess put soapy water on it and have someone spin the tire when the clutch is engaged but with the killswitch held down to see if it makes bubbles? i say just redo it. ik its a pain, but its worth knowing its done properly. and when you add gasket sealant/maker, you cant just add it and then tighten it, i tried than and had issues, so instead i added it and left space between the exhaust pipe and the engine, then after an hour tightened it a little, then 15 minutes tightened it a little more, and so on and so forth until it was tight, that way the silicone stuff hardens when theres more of it between the exhaust and the engine and then you squeeze it tight. also, make sure the exhaust and the engine parts that your putting together are as flat as possible. also, you should probably get some kind of actual gasket to put in between the gasket goop. im no mechanic, but im yet to have leaks again. in fact the nuts rattled off the exhaust on one side and i thought it mightve been leaking, but when i took all the bolts off i noticed it was firmly in place and not leaking. if you know that its not the exhaust thats leaking though, make sure its not the intake, manifold, or the connection between the carb and the engine, or in between the float bowl and the carb. i basically just sealed the crap out of everything in one fell swoop to make sure i didnt have to deal with problems when i did it. its way easier to just completely re do everything and not have problems then to nitpick over which gasket is leaking. you could also just replace the carb with a better one, which i was considering before i resealed everything, to eliminate that factor.

Thanks

Will get new gaskets, and redo to at best eliminate that. Then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back