High quality gas tanks?

Hey LewieBike........that disclaimer re: the GX340 tank is referring to the rubber "O"ring not being compatible with alcohol. We ran alcohol in our race car which required that all the "O" rings in the injection system be replaced. In time alcohol will deteriorate them and make them mushy. That GX340 will be running on the same pump gas you'll be using in you bike so I won't worry about it unless you mix up an exotic batch of fuel like Karl Snarl.

Hey LewieBike........that disclaimer re: the GX340 tank is referring to the rubber "O"ring not being compatible with alcohol. We ran alcohol in our race car which required that all the "O" rings in the injection system be replaced. In time alcohol will deteriorate them and make them mushy. That GX340 will be running on the same pump gas you'll be using in you bike so I won't worry about it unless you mix up an exotic batch of fuel like Karl Snarl.
I love my rocket fuel. Really, it's actually rocket fuel, mixed of course.

After the gas tank that came with my kit decided to leak in several places even after attempting to fix it multiple times, I had to take it out back. All of the gas tanks on amazon are the same s***ty ones from china and I don't know how to find alternatives. Maybe a plastic one would be better? What do you guys do?
Plumbers tape around the petcock , it will last for a while , just put more when it breaks down , they might even make gas specific tape.

The majority of leaks in these tanks are caused by the over-tightening of the threaded studs that are welded to the bottom of the tank, on the larger 4 litre version, they had mounting tabs instead which solved this problem.

The majority of leaks in these tanks are caused by the over-tightening of the threaded studs that are welded to the bottom of the tank, on the larger 4 litre version, they had mounting tabs instead which solved this problem.
Some of those studs came from the factory with a leak already, poor welding.

Ive had better luck looking for moped or minibike tanks. A little customizing to mount them, but not bad. Even gave it some pizzaz with a bowling ball paint job(done with home depot spray paint)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have a '71 Kawasaki 100 tank and you need the NOS petcock and cap sometimes.. once you figure it out you can mount it with rubber bushings from an A/C compressor and some bolts with and some braces welded to the frame...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220219-184002.png
    Screenshot_20220219-184002.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 102
I have a '71 Kawasaki 100 tank and you need the NOS petcock and cap sometimes.. once you figure it out you can mount it with rubber bushings from an A/C compressor and some bolts with and some braces welded to the frame...
I could probably ride to Cleveland on one of those tanks. lol

Back