Holy Crap - Simple Spark Plug Change made my new bike kit insane!

I think I might look into adjusting my spark plug gap. I am one of those guys that just opened that package and threw it in there. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::seenoevil::seenoevil:
It should be pregaped from the factory @ .025" but it's always a good idea to check the gap before installing the plug because ya never know it could of hit something and made it smaller.

the bigger gap the better
True if you have the voltage to jump the gap .034 is 34k volts and can be achieved with all the hi performance kit... .028 is the sweet spot for most... Strong blue spark... MSD wire and boot helps... OZ magneto... The tall TZ CDI or catnip (Suzuki) setup...

I run high compression, not the 6:1 stock engines run at. I'm up in the 9-10:1 range usually. I want a short thick long running spark that cannot be blown out in a dense fast swirling mixture. That's just me though, I like my engine to fire every revolution, instead of every other, it is a 2 stroke. Higher my compression, the smaller the gap.

Bigger the gap, the shorter the time the spark is there, the more chance it will not ignite that super dense swirling mixture.

i get consistent spark on stock cdi with the e3.10 at about .034 gap :rolleyes: shorter gap spark plugs have less surface area which ignites less fuel in the cylinder which lowers combustion, performance and efficiency. There is a balance between a lot of different factors, quality of cdi, ratio of compression, type of fuel etc. give or take. it's only easier and less time consuming to repeat the .025 thing everyones already said
If you need a wider S/P gap so your M/B will run good, It means you have low compression and it's running lean
You risk putting a hole in the top of your piston... Running lean and a large gap... But it will appear to have more power on top end... Briefly...

I saved up my Marlboro points and got a Zippo arc lighter. Nothing blows that out.
. I want a short thick long running spark that cannot be blown out in a dense fast swirling mixture. T

zippo-lighter-electric-arc-insert.jpg

Just look at that gap!

Back