Chain Tensioner How much of a deathtrap is my chain tensioner setup? (Standard issue Chinesium)

Yeah, that has already happened. Gonna fix "soon"
Zip ties are cheap and very handy. I ordered a bag on Amazon and got them the next day. You also could visit the local hardware store. They should have a nice selection. I love supporting local businesses

Zip ties are cheap and very handy. I ordered a bag on Amazon and got them the next day. You also could visit the local hardware store. They should have a nice selection. I love supporting local businesses
Anything but the local store! All but few are scammers these days, in my country. Thank god for online shopping

disc brakes on the rear too. I thought that was not possible due to the sprocket but I was wrong.
It requires a spacer between the disc and sprocket, and you are limited to 36 teeth or less on the rear sprocket. He can get away with that kind of gearing because he has a Phantom 85 engine, as do I, which is an extremely powerful engine that has a lot of low rpm torque behind it. It pulls a 36 tooth like a well tuned "80cc" pulls a 44.

It requires a spacer between the disc and sprocket, and you are limited to 36 teeth or less on the rear sprocket. He can get away with that kind of gearing because he has a Phantom 85 engine, as do I, which is an extremely powerful engine that has a lot of low rpm torque behind it. It pulls a 36 tooth like a well tuned "80cc" pulls a 44.
I am hearing a lot about this Phantom engine. Is it well-made? For example, my chinese engine engine's cooler fins look deformed from factory.

I wonder if a small self tapping screw through the tensioner and frame would make a good fix?

To me, seems like the "arch style" tensioner would be the only fool proof one for saving it from going into the spokes.

I wonder if a small self tapping screw through the tensioner and frame would make a good fix?

To me, seems like the "arch style" tensioner would be the only fool proof one for saving it from going into the spokes.
I suggest you don't. Yes it would work, but it could cause structural damage. Especially if you are using an alloy or aluminum frame

I run the stock tensioner on mine. Took a few tries to get it right, you have to start off kilter so by time it is tight it is in the correct spot. It would be disaster to have it swing into the spokes, so I keep a close eye on it.

I need half links to get the correct amount of slack in the chain. Have to order those. As inexpensive as this hobby is there can be a lot of nickel and dime expenses.

Attachments

• Bike left.jpg
    Bike left.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 63
Back