Huasheng 142F 49cc 4-stroke big bore kit

hua_zpsnxg5nzbh.jpg
hua_zpsnxg5nzbh.jpg

Same setup as the D1, just a different regulator.
Keep a 12V SLA battery onboard always charged for whatever you may want to run like lights but anything 12V ;-}

So whats the problem, you can't find the part?
https://www.motosport.com/product/?...01-Y001&pssource=true&rkg_id=0&segment=badger
$53.

The trail tech is an adjustable regulator I suspect is done with that little blue box in the lower left.

X001-Y001[1].jpg

It looks like that blue Pot is a voltage selector.
I like it, especially this part
"Built in relay activates switched 12V DC output line only when engine is running, with adjustable shut-off delay. "
This will keep your battery charged and from draining from system back drain when off.

Seems OK to me if you happen to have one of the engines.

Last edited:
Oh, duh. That is the exact same diagram picture as mine (or as it was originally, I updated it), such that I didn't even notice the difference. But the funny(?) thing about it is that the R/R they say to use won't work with it. It's only a half wave rectifier. I tried a couple of different rectifiers, and only ever got 6 volts out of them, before I figured out what the problem was.

On an earlier incarnation of that project, I was using a 50cc 2 stroke Shindiwa clone, that I upgraded with an electric starter made for it. Interesting starter, it used the crank of the engine directly, as the crank for the starter "motor", which was really then just a stator around a wheel on the end of the crankshaft of the engine, so it was direct. I found that when the engine was running, it made a decent 12v charge, DC. So I connected it to my battery through a diode so it wouldn't crank the engine, and wired the start button to simply bypass the diode. That actually worked, and charged the battery. I was pretty impressed with myself on with that one.

And I put a high lift ground camshaft in mine, too. I got the Honda version, with the compression release mechanism. The Huasheng cam is a perfect copy of the original Honda cam, except that they just used a flat spacer plate in place of the compression release. It did make the engine super easy to start, but that engine was never really that hard to start in the first place, it never really needed it.

I actually saved some pictures of that project going together. It's dead, now, since they changed the laws here, and I can't get away with riding it on the street anymore. But I had all the lights and everything working, it was pretty cool for what it was. It ran great. That, and the CDI ignition which is completely different than the direct magneto type of the 142 engine died, and I couldn't get a replacement, nor could I get anything else I tried to work on it.

DSCN6-1.jpg
N2299.jpg
N2299.jpg
CN2298.jpg

The other huge improvement I made to it was to adapt the 15mm Walbro rotary valve ("squishy bulb") clone carburetor from that 50cc 2 stroke engine I mentioned. It just loved that. That exhaust pipe was also for the 2 stroke engine, what can I say, that "stinger" made the bike.

Back