Huasheng 142F 49cc 4-stroke big bore kit

Not sure about that. It's been a while since I messed with this engine, but as I recall, it had to be located in a different place, the 142F is a direct coil on the flywheel, mine was remotely located, with just a pickup on the flywheel. The 142 was all in one, mine was split up. My coil bolted onto the inside of the cover, not onto the engine. I got the impression that this was to make room for that charging system, if I remember it right. This was running on a little goped thingy that I strung lights on, and was passing as a scooter for transportation. But soon after it broke down, they changed the laws about 50cc scooters, requiring each one to pass an inspection, so I just gave up on it. They know how to take the fun out of everything. What can I say, I needed a scooter I could pick up and carry up the stairs at the time. Try that with a GY6.

DSCN2300.jpg DSCN2327.jpg DSCN2295.jpg

Here is my BB gun. I know what you are thinking, but it's no ordinary BB gun, mine spits them out at almost 1000 feet per second, and at 2000 rounds per minute. It runs from a scuba tank. It turns pigeons into clouds of pink mist and feathers...... and it saws 2x4's in half.

bb.jpg

I got mine from Terry Blow, he said he got a shipment of them by mistake, and sold them out a long time ago. Other than those, I don't think any others were ever shipped here. But it doesn't really make more power. Well, it does, but only to offset the 14vac generator that it has built into it. It's enough to run your lights, and charge a small battery. I got mine charging, actually, and as far as I know, I am the only person who ever did. You have to use the TrailTech FULL WAVE regulator-rectifier, since alternators are usually always 28vac with a single diode, half wave rectifier that cuts the voltage in half. That worked great. I'm not the only one here who has one, though, another member sent me a pm asking if I had a diagram to connect it, since he also had the 142f, and the full wave rectifier. And he was in luck, since I did make one, and still had it. I assume he got it working, too, since I didn't hear back from him.
You can get them shipped straight from the factory, if you buy 50 or 100 of them, or something like that.
Or you could search Alibaba, you might be able to buy one from there.

Last edited:
And here is something else I managed to learn about HS engines. The HS 144 is rated to make 2hp, while the Honda GX50, the original, is rated to make 2.5hp, and there is one called the Dax "Super Titan" that is rated to make 3hp. They have different length connecting rods, and therefore, different compression ratios. On another forum, I was able to lead a thread that way with guys who had all 3, and measured their rods. They only differed by a couple of millimeters, but that's all it takes. Dax must have special ordered his that way, since they are made by HS. I believe the reason is that HS knows that theirs are cheap clones, made from cheaper, and softer alloys, and wanted to relieve some of the stress on theirs to offset that.
The other two differences are that the HS engines are jetted a little richer, since the Hondas have a centrifugal governor, and are meant to run at one speed, the Honda will run too lean on a MB, and the Honda will require a $100 clutch adapter to put a transmission on it, while the HS integrates that into the engine block.
Okay, so the Honda is built better, and will last twice as long. But can buy 4 HS's for what one Honda costs, and I don't need a clutch adapter, or a new carburetor for it.

And here is something else I managed to learn about HS engines. The HS 144 is rated to make 2hp, while the Honda GX50, the original, is rated to make 2.5hp, and there is one called the Dax "Super Titan" that is rated to make 3hp.
Honda says 2.1 hp.
Where are you getting the 2.5 hp from?

Engine Type Air-cooled 4-stroke OHV
Bore x Stroke 41.8 X 36 mm
Displacement 49.4 cm3
Net Power Output*2.1 HP (1.6 kW) @ 7,000 rpm
Net Torque2.0 lb-ft (2.7 Nm) @ 4,500 rpm

You are right, now that I'm awake all the way, the Hs 144 was rated for 1.6. Still, there is a 1/2 hp difference between them, and it's about the connecting rods.

I have a 144F with a performance camshaft, and fully working 12v charging system.
The D1?
HSengines2[1].jpg

"It needed a full wave regulator rectifier, and those are pretty rare. "
A full wave rectifier is just 4 diodes. A voltage regulator is a separate circuit usually, but they can be packed in the same plastic IC.

That D was a special order of like 2,000.
I would check with Don Grube about spare parts.
https://www.grubee.net/collections/4-stoke-bike-engine-items

From everything I've seen the 4 stroke engine to run is the 79cc predator for a daily commuter. It has many more options for power, including race cams, stiffer valve springs, race clutches with variable springs for different stall speeds, removing the governor for more rpm and HP and can run cvts (continuously variable transmissions) such as the comet torque-a-verter. The mod scene on the hs 142f and 144f engines seems to be done with nothing much popping out in years to mod it. Yes some transfer cases have been updated but the engine itself is a dead fish and can't be upgraded much...my next engine will be the 79cc predator.
My 79cc isn't running right now I think it might be wrong spark plug gap or the carb. I can pull it 20 times and not even trying to run. By removing the governor what are the chances of rod breakage? I'm still planning to swap my 79 for a big bore 2 stroke I'm putting together.

Back