Huffy Cranbrook chopper build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey new here glad to be here ok next month when i get my money going to buy a cranbrook and a china girl engine then i will have to wait to get everything else to chopper it out can't wait to do my first build and ive been very thorough in my planning going to put on a different front rim so i can add a disk break to the front wheel and going to add a seat post gas tank eventually so i can have a reserve to get more distance pics of everything else im going to get doing it right bike and engine kit first then looks and breaks next and after that maybe performance parts have small engine experience already learned on a predator 212cc when i had a gokart pretty much change everything but the crankshaft lol.
and stuck between these two top end kits
http://shop.jakebike.com/Fire-Breather-Top-End-Power-kit-121.htm
http://shop.crmachine.com/product.sc?productId=66

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170419-122955.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122955.png
    208.3 KB · Views: 543
  • Screenshot_20170419-122945.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122945.png
    171 KB · Views: 308
  • Screenshot_20170419-122937.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122937.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot_20170419-122829.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122829.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 322
  • Screenshot_20170419-122822.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122822.png
    387.2 KB · Views: 344
Ok we'll I hope it works for you. That adapter in theory, seems like it would be a great idea. But once you you apply it physically, you realize the flaws of it.i tried it but it just would not work for me. Reason being is that it has no adjustment to move the sprocket left or right. Which is needed for the motor chain to clear the tire. Also the three piece split was troublesome to center on the hub aswell. I have that adapter just collecting dust in my garage:(
well could weld two of the three pieces together and maybe that would make it more usable if it doesn't work as is lol.

well could weld two of the three pieces together and maybe that would make it more usable if it doesn't work as is lol.
Shoot well you have it now, just see how it works out i guess. Have you checked out any of the 2 stroke new build how to's threads? There's a bunch of useful info on there on what to do before you even install the engine. For some reason or another (poor quality control) you will need to do some tightening and double checking a lot of studs, and parts on the engine before install, I'd check that out! Since it seems your parts arrival is soon!

Shoot well you have it now, just see how it works out i guess. Have you checked out any of the 2 stroke new build how to's threads? There's a bunch of useful info on there on what to do before you even install the engine. For some reason or another (poor quality control) you will need to do some tightening and double checking a lot of studs, and parts on the engine before install, I'd check that out! Since it seems your parts arrival is soon!
yeah sure do was almost thinking about using the rubber from the rag joint adapter to space it to clear the wheel. thanks i will make sure the engine is to spec got a torque wrench for where its required and the studs will be backed out then put back in do my own qc lol.

pretty sure that adapter only replaces the metal plates on the inside of the rag joint, it just makes installing the rag joint easier. No power is sent to the hub with it, its still only clamping to the left side spokes. You will still need to use the rubber parts from your rag joint.

ok need some help how do i gwt the rag joint and sprocket to clear the frame with the chain on it is right up against amd the adapter went in the garbage lol.

Attachments

• 20170510_145028.jpg
    20170510_145028.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 20170510_145032.jpg
    20170510_145032.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 297
  • 20170510_145038.jpg
    20170510_145038.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 244
Take that wheel off and tighten those nuts. Do it in a cross cross pattern to keep everything straight, you don't want any wobble. Those 9 bolts should be really tight, but not so tight that you strip them. And again while tightening you have to make sure there is no movement of the sprocket at all, it will try to move if you tighten any one bolt too much too fast, check out YouTube, or on here for actual videos of it being done.

ok need some help how do i gwt the rag joint and sprocket to clear the frame with the chain on it is right up against amd the adapter went in the garbage lol.
Also most folks will tell you that your sprocket should be reversed with the convex side facing your spokes. I however i have tried it both ways, the proper way and how you have it. And I couldn't tell a difference. But If you want to do it "right" flip that sprocket over...

Also most folks will tell you that your sprocket should be reversed with the convex side facing your spokes. I however i have tried it both ways, the proper way and how you have it. And I couldn't tell a difference. But If you want to do it "right" flip that sprocket over...
thanks for the advice will flip it around and tighten more slowly next time to make sure its even.

Attachments

• 20170510_160756.jpg
    20170510_160756.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 282
It looks nice. When I get home I'll see if I can get some close up pics of the rag joint on the Cranbrook.

IMG_20170510_181901545.jpg
Dont mind the wheel tensioner, I like to use it up top. It's not supposed to be there due to the excess chain slack actually being on the bottom of the chain, but prefer to use it this way, this picture is for chain clearance purposes. So you can get an idea of what the sprocket and chain clearance should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back