Hust got the bike fixed up + i bought a welder!

I don’t have 240 service but I built a box that combines 2 120v lines into 240 on different phases. If you want to know more about let me know.
it is only possible if you find two outlets that are are different halfs of "split phase" service.
Most North American houses have half the outlets out of phase with the other half. With long enough cords, you can combine the two and get 240V, but you will still be limited by the circuit breakers behind them... For instance, perhaps 16A max current draw.

it is only possible if you find two outlets that are are different halfs of "split phase" service.
Most North American houses have half the outlets out of phase with the other half. With long enough cords, you can combine the two and get 240V, but you will still be limited by the circuit breakers behind them... For instance, perhaps 16A max current draw.
Exactly man. That’s what I did, and if u get 20a breakers, you can drawing 19a.

Lol. I will always say, Start with Stick never mag/fcaw. I’ve been welding for some time, kinda ish know a thing or 2 and AC SUCKS. B/C the RMS is 1/sqrt2 which means only 70percent of the energy as DC Plus AC has no power hits 0 on the graph twice every Hz.Thus more splatter less fusion, arc lil harder than dc.
I have seen your welds and you shouldn't be giving advice.

Lol. I can do Horizontal welds pretty good, but any T joint which is what I’ve posted or vertical, I suck at. Sparepart, let me see yours then.
Truck I back halfed. All flux 110v
100_0443.jpg
100_0463.jpg
100_0839.jpg

Lol. I will always say, Start with Stick never mag/fcaw. I’ve been welding for some time, kinda ish know a thing or 2 and AC SUCKS. B/C the RMS is 1/sqrt2 which means only 70percent of the energy as DC Plus AC has no power hits 0 on the graph twice every Hz.Thus more splatter less fusion, arc lil harder than dc.

The whole point of expressing AC voltages as RMS values is so that they can be compared to DC in terms of the energy or work available.
I don't know anything about welding with AC vs DC, but this particular argument makes no sense.
e.g. 120Vac is a sinusoid with amplitude of 170V. For a resistive load, it will supply the same energy as 120 VDC.

The whole point of expressing AC voltages as RMS values is so that they can be compared to DC in terms of the energy or work available.
I don't know anything about welding with AC vs DC, but this particular argument makes no sense.
e.g. 120Vac is a sinusoid with amplitude of 170V. For a resistive load, it will supply the same energy as 120 VDC.
Your right! The only advantage to dc is that the sine wave is flat in converted welders and therefore has no real duty cycle affecting the out put.

O my god, lol. Look yeah we know the dc is flat and the ac is a curve and that’s the advantage, but why?Because of rms values. Because one period of AC wave has only 70percent of the Uuuumph as 1 period of a DC wave. Therefore, it has less uuuumph for all loads, resistance and inductive. Thus your welding rod is getting less uuumph and can’t weld as good. Plus weldin isn’t purely a resistance load, otherwise you wouldn’t have power factor caps in the machine now would ya RIGHT. there’s arc blow and other things caused by magnetic fields. And noooo 120v has an amplitude if NOT 170v but 120.how can you tell me 120dc has the same juice as 120ac for resistance loads. If we had a thought experiment of ac wave having a cycle of an hour instead of a millisecond and that powered a resistive loaf such as a heater. We would feel the heater would not run for a few minutes at the low spots and have little warmth. Get the idea here how this a problem with welding and your heating an electrode to a few thou def F

Last edited:
O my god, lol. Look yeah we know the dc is flat and the ac is a curve and that’s the advantage, but why?Because of rms values. Because one period of AC wave has only 70percent of the Uuuumph as 1 period of a DC wave. Therefore, it has less uuuumph for all loads, resistance and inductive. Thus your welding rod is getting less uuumph and can’t weld as good. Plus weldin isn’t purely a resistance load, otherwise you wouldn’t have power factor caps in the machine now would ya RIGHT. there’s arc blow and other things caused by magnetic fields. And noooo 120v has an amplitude if NOT 170v but 120.how can you tell me 120dc has the same juice as 120ac for resistance loads. If we had a thought experiment of ac wave having a cycle of an hour instead of a millisecond and that powered a resistive loaf such as a heater. We would feel the heater would not run for a few minutes at the low spots and have little warmth. Get the idea here how this a problem with welding and your heating an electrode to a few thou def F
Nonsense. And lots of it. You need to learn a little more about, well, pretty much any subject before you try to speak authoritatively on it.
I'm going with my original theory that you are simply here to troll, and I will quit feeding the troll...

Back