Clutch i HATE changing out the happy-time clutch cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another little bonus I discovered after losing the brass screw, is to use a electrical wire lug. The same as you would see in a breaker panel where you hook up the wires only you can buy them seperately at the electronics shop or harware store.
A lot easier to work with then that little dinky brass screw. They also dont strip out.
FYI
Doc

great idea!!!

It was a rare brainspark, Dave. After feeling like a dumb *** for losing the first one!
Ha Ha

Neat trick,attention to detail.I'll make this a fetor "sticky".

Clutch cable

I've got a newer version of the motor. It has a sort of tunnel passage that you feed the cable through, but your method certainly does the trick.

For what it's worth ... I rub some J B Weld on the new cable, around where I plan to cut. After the JB cures, snip the cable with a dremel, and cut off wheel. The cured epoxy keeps the strands from unraveling
Back up the Brass Clutch Cable Stop with a Brake Cable Pinch Bolt, and a couple small washers.

for some repairs or upgrades, it's easier to take the engine off the frame, or it would be, or it could be, or it should be...

you see, you just got to the part about completely removing the clutch cable...don't ya wish you could just let the whole assembly dangle on the cable?

well, a coupla minutes of pre-install work & you can...hacksaw, small file...no more trying to get a badly frayed cable back thru the fittings, no more cussing at the lil brass lock & no more trying to find it when it shoots across the driveway. from now on, all my happy-time's will get this mod before install:
Cant help ya that one. My kit doesn't have a clutch. By the sound of it thats a good thing to..Less i gotta do to have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back