I hate to revisit this!

ismellnownlatters

Local time
10:34 AM
But why do many folks with a stock china girl run over 87 octane? These engines are very low compression hect I even ,87 may be overkill. Is my thinking flawed?

Mixing oil in the gas lowers the octane
So if you burn 91 octane in your 2 stroke it's like burning 87
Some guys use octane boost

But why do many folks with a stock china girl run over 87 octane? These engines are very low compression hect I even ,87 may be overkill. Is my thinking flawed?
If you have non-ethanol fuel in your Hamlet/Town/City use that, doesn't matter the grade. Most guys around here use premium fuel because it's ethanol free that's all.

Most guys around here use premium fuel because it's ethanol free that's all.
That may be true in Canada, but here in the US, premium fuel also has ethanol in it.

Here in the US, you puposely have to ask for ethanol free gasoline at the few gas stations that actually still carry it.

If you have non-ethanol fuel in your Hamlet/Town/City use, doesn't matter the grade. Most guys around here use premium fuel because it's ethanol-free that's all.
Maybe that might be true where you live. However, in most places in the US, if it doesn't have ethanol free or 100% gas on the pump then it's at least 10% ethanol regardless of the octane grade.

The non ethanol stuff here is like 2 times more pricey as 87 octane and it has just one lonely pump that I never once see anyone use.so I worry it can be older

Back