Idles fine, but bogs with throttle.

......I failed to mention the fact that gas was leaking from my air filter as well, but that's happened so many times on this engine I didn't think it was a noteworthy occurrence. As it turns out, it probably is......

That would have been a dead giveaway!

Glad you found it. You're probably better off buying a complete carburetor. Check out eBay, they are cheap.

This engine is nothing but trouble, I swear.

A while back I had this same problem - riding the bike just fine, came to a stop light, and when I tried to pull away and give it some gas, it bogged down and barely sputtered along. I pedaled it home, pulled off the carb manifold, exhaust, and head, applied a healthy dose of RTV gasket sealant on each gasket, bolted it back together, and voila, it worked.

Anyhow, I've got maybe 40 miles on it since then, and I'm back to square one with the same problem. It looks like fuel may have been leaking out the front side of the head gasket, so I've got one ordered from SBP, but am I going to keep running in to the same problem? What else can I do? My other motor didn't misbehave like this.

For what it's worth from wagonrd: I have spent 6 weeks working on a motorized bicycle, using the GT80 66cc 4.5 HP engine. I'm out hundreds of dollars and the machine is still non functional. The problem now is a bogging engine. I've gone thru the checklist. The problem, folks, is that I, and many of you, have been snookered by the clever Chinese bike engine makers, aided by the bike motor dealers here in the USA. It's junk, spelled with a capital J. I should have known better, for I flew the A6A Intruder in Vietnam, and that machine was a horrendous piece of junk, with 90% of the systems failing on the cat shot and what was working failed on the arrested landing. The answer is straightforward: Use a bicycle for the purpose for which it was built....pedaling. If you want a motorized 2 wheeler, buy a motorcycle. Trump is right, the clever Chinese have outsmarted we dumb s**ts.

I've been a full time repair shop for these for quite a long time - even though some are worse than others, you get much more than your money's worth out of them if you take the time to do them right.

In the recent posts about the engine bogging down, the type of carburetor is not mentioned. Using the Grubee stock CNS carb I have seen this problem and traced it to not always having the rubber boot where the throttle cable enters the carb properly in place. I could speculate that without the boot in place the carb runs too lean when the throttle is turned and the engine stops firing. The CNS carb also stops firing when riding up a steep incline, also assumed to be running to lean. Overall, it is not a bad carb but under some situations, including riding into the wind, it does not runs as smoothly through the power band as another bike I have with a Gasbike provided stock NT carb. If the carb does not have a boot; use black tape or something similar over the connection from the throttle cable to the carb and give it a test. The difference could be huge.

Stuck float?

I just read a thread about somebody with a similar issue - you may be on to something with the stuck float. I will look during tomorrow times.
'.........................................

I was having trouble with my bike it is a 80cc ported and polish shave the top end but and put a racing carb it all came down to it it was my CDI that was bad it would run good but take off it would big down

This engine is nothing but trouble, I swear.

A while back I had this same problem - riding the bike just fine, came to a stop light, and when I tried to pull away and give it some gas, it bogged down and barely sputtered along. I pedaled it home, pulled off the carb manifold, exhaust, and head, applied a healthy dose of RTV gasket sealant on each gasket, bolted it back together, and voila, it worked.

Anyhow, I've got maybe 40 miles on it since then, and I'm back to square one with the same problem. It looks like fuel may have been leaking out the front side of the head gasket, so I've got one ordered from SBP, but am I going to keep running in to the same problem? What else can I do? My other motor didn't misbehave like this.
Wash air filter in gas.

im working on a 2016 suzuki 80 cc motor cycle, sat 6 months, wouldnt run, flushed gas from tank and carb , now it runs full choke or idle, pulled carb cleaned all jets, and all small holes, blew through the fuel inlet and worked float up and down making sure fuel was getting into the bowl and shutting off, made sure large o rings were not damaged , started bike same problem, so i gave a shot of starting fluid at intake from head and intake to carb made no differance, so i dont expect a air leak from those intake ports, idles great no throttle at all, set air fuel adjustment on car4b then will run on full chock no idle or throttle, i am a tec for harley shop for 12 years and still working evey day as tec , this is killing me ,lol any real comments on fixing this would be great.

Back