Is it better to use non-ethanol?

Impossworld

Local time
7:56 AM
I was wondering which is better to run In these little 2-strokes, regular (87 octane), premium (91) or ethanol free gas? From my understanding on reading up on it a little, it’s better to put premium for how it burns in air cooled 2-strokes but I haven’t found any reliable info on it. I’ve used regular for about a year in my old engine and it has no real issues. But with my new one I’m shooting for longevity (2 years+) so I’m curious if it would make a real difference to fill up with regular as opposed to ethanol free or premium? I’ve ran all of them in my engine and noticed no difference between them, but I’ve heard it’s not something that you notice and it’s something that is better for your engine in the long run? Any info or thoughts? Thank you.

I was wondering which is better to run In these little 2-strokes, regular (87 octane), premium (91) or ethanol free gas? From my understanding on reading up on it a little, it’s better to put premium for how it burns in air cooled 2-strokes but I haven’t found any reliable info on it. I’ve used regular for about a year in my old engine and it has no real issues. But with my new one I’m shooting for longevity (2 years+) so I’m curious if it would make a real difference to fill up with regular as opposed to ethanol free or premium? I’ve ran all of them in my engine and noticed no difference between them, but I’ve heard it’s not something that you notice and it’s something that is better for your engine in the long run? Any info or thoughts? Thank you.
I have written about this many times over the past 2.5 years...Here is just one link I have provided below...If you need more, please use the forums "search" and you will find a virtual cornucopia of information on this subject as well as many other topics.

Just because I like to be a pain in the rear... low ethanol mix gas is actually ok to run, BUT it's not so great to leave it in the fuel system. If you fill up and burn straight through it it won't harm a thing. I have had to do so many times before. I just made sure to either run it dry or drain it before storage. Or if I am able to, follow it up with regular gas before putting it away.

I have to agree with both.

The fact of the matter is that ethanol gas only becomes a problem when it sits. That said... the easiest thing to do is to simply never run ethanol... stick with non-ethanol and all is good. At that point... the only issues you need to worry about when it comes to storage is an increase in oil ration in your fuel mixture as some gas evaporates off over time and a non-issue if you use a decently sealed can.

a non-issue if you use a decently sealed can.
As in good gasoline rated jerry jugs...Yep, its those reddish orange looking ones made of some sort of heavy plastics that you more than likely have hanging around in the garage for refilling the snowblower, lawnmower etc.

I store my Ethanol Free gas in those for months at a time before I mix the oil in and then use in my bike...Has never gone bad on me yet, even after 6 months or more stored that way.

its 5 bucks a gallon here last i checked and i never ever ever see anyone at the pump i wanted to ask the lawn crew what they use but there not smart enough to blow the lawn after they mow they sometimes do it before

Back