Is my OCC Schwinn 'Ultra Rare'?

got mine on craigslist brand new like condition only has a small nick in the seat i paid 75

Attachments

• 20170130_150852.jpg
    20170130_150852.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 120
Nice, and to think people will pay 90 dollars for just the rear tire. I'm working on an occ type bike that's similar to the Stingray, it's even made by schwinn themselves. I'm contemplating which tires and wheels to put on, I've already laced my nuvinci into a stock hub that came with it but considering even going as big as a 4" wide 26" rim on the rear and possibly one of my 27.5x3 on the front. I'll have to weld something in to accept the axle if I go 26x4 because I'd have to move it back so far that it would be out of the slots.

I've always had something for the Stingray and after failing to bring down a friend's asking price for a complete bike (minus engine kit, but with fenders and the cool footpegs on the fork and still pretty chrome) I came across one of its cousins, I saw it out front a pawn shop on the main strip and after a couple weeks it was still there and got it for an easy $60
20180306_003538-1.jpg

Decisions decisions...
Don't mind the mess, most of the work got put in the basement just to stay out of the weather, it's been cold enough to freeze one of our bathrooms this winter so f*** the outdoors. Maybe I'll wait till spring to bring it outside to weld..

I don't know if I'll use my old saddle or just make another, at the moment I don't have a fitting seat tube and the seat on it isn't a standard, it's a post with a weird triangle piece welded on and that's bolted/lag bolted to the seat. I really need to find the right wheels before deciding since it affects the angle the bike sits at, I'd have to make the seat relatively level for it to be good feeling and can't tell the angle until I finish.

At least 26x4 and 27.5x3 are close in total outer diameter, so if I use that combo I could probably use the original seat post gig to make a new one that's basically sitting the same. If I make my own dropouts I can make it 100% level, just gotta decide on some damn wheels

Attachments

• 20180306_003538.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 137
Lol dont feel bad ill take pictures of my occ but before we got hit with that hurricane irma last year i stripped it down to the frame and its been hiding on my front porch after a little elbow grease and slapping tthe seat and tires on it looking pretty decent now lol

Attachments

• 20180306_211421[1].jpg
    20180306_211421[1].jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 119
i dunno its still got the occ stickers on the handle bars so im assuming their stock i want to change the fork to accomodate disc brakes and the 26" XL lift pieces for the bigger rear tire and get the cnc motor mount ive got one that crushs the frame if ur not careful but ive got everything to motorize it now just have to deal with only rear v brakes atleast i got koolstop pads

Back