Is there an engine that doesn't require peddle assist?

jake99

Local time
1:07 AM
I don't like that you have to peddle out of idle like from a stop sign or something i was wondering if there is a gas motor that you can buy that you don't have to peddle at all

I don't like that you have to peddle out of idle like from a stop sign or something i was wondering if there is a gas motor that you can buy that you don't have to peddle at all
If you're using a chinagirl, you can just adjust it for more torque. What rear sprocket are you using? Does your bike have gears? Have you done any performance upgrades?

With either a 56 tooth sprocket or a few torque mods (long intake or exhaust pipe, extra compression, large squish area head, widened and lowered ports, etc) a 66cc will easily clutch start even on a hill.

I tend to use the engine for assist, pedaling when I can, but I do love the help when starting away on a steep hill.

Last edited:
If you're using a chinagirl, you can just adjust it for more torque. What rear sprocket are you using? Does your bike have gears? Have you done any performance upgrades?
Yeah I think my sprocket is a 44, my bicycle has gears if thats what you mean and I have not done any upgrades

I don't like that you have to peddle out of idle like from a stop sign or something,
i was wondering if there is a gas motor that you can buy that you don't have to peddle at all
You bet there are alternatives to 'pedal start' 2-stroke engines for bicycles, 4-stroke and electric.

A 4-stroke like this has a pull start and automatic clutch.

With a jackshaft transfer case you can get some wild speeds and hill climbing ability and never have to pedal unless you run out of gas, and even that is easy, virtually no drag from the engine.

2_GT2-10G-53-DoneR-1280.jpg

And the elctrics are awesome too!

2_SpecializedEpicDoneL-1280.jpg

I thought that was best thrill ride I have built until I built the 'Electric Rocket Sled'.

2_E-trikeL-1280.jpg

Now that was THE thrill ride, 50+ volts and gears hehe, crazy fast.
When you are that low to the ground with little wind resistance it's like go cart on steroids.

Anyway....
Yes, there are a couple alliterative s to 2-stoke gas/oil mix pedal start engines, and I like them ;-}

Back