Just thought this was interesting

Local time
11:26 PM
This is a tire from a 1918 Harley found in a barn, makes you wonder what story is behind this
What this bike has seen and where she's been xP
Cause that is an interesting repair xD

Attachments

• jWBmWh.jpg
    jWBmWh.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 283
Dam I thought I was cheap got to say got me beat by a mile.
Now as far making something last, that me I fix it rig it and of curse duck tape it.
Over the years I've had so much sh!+ given to me or found because it was broken , then I would rig it back together, and use it for the next 4-5 years, might not look like much but it worked and was free or cost little to nothing to fix

My situation required a good'ol'fashioned duct tape solution to a tyre that had unstitched itself from the wire bead in two places.

I was about 2 kilometers from an alpine summit and nothing was going to stop me, not even a tyre that was rapidly falling apart, and if need be, i was going to wrap the whole tyre in duct tape to get the job done.

Dang front and rear disc brakes. Clean that up and its probably a nice high end bike. Declare war on flats with a Kevlar tire, thorn resistant tubes and good tire liners. Flats suck, been through that 7 mile walk home in 100deg weather and i'm not losing that battle again.

Back