Long distance rides?

Your video is quite inspiring I have to say. I also love your bike trailer. I'd love to build an ebike I feel like I'd feel more confident on a long trip riding something that won't blow up on me. May I ask? What would you recommend in a kit for distances like these?

Buy a bike that will do what you want. Then invest $2000.00 dollars... BBSXX mid-drive, 30+Ah battery, control interface, and a Grin Satiator. It's not hard.

Might have to whip out my uncle Sam money. I have a gt lts are these things hard to set up with rear suspension?

Very first thing is a good seat. Second thing is a suspension fork, third thing softer hand grips or decent riding gloves or both, fourth thing, comfortable eye protection, fifth thing, power and gearing and reliability, sixth thing, tool kit, at least a vice grips and a leatherman. Tubes. Spare fuel or slightly bigger tank. Quiet exhaust so you can hear yourself think lol. I'd rig up some type of speakers or wear an earbud to. I'm sure there might be some other things to but that's all i can think of right quick. Oh, make sure your bicycle wheel bearings are legit. I personally take mine apart brand new and wash all the junk Chinese "grease" if there even is any in there lol and full the hub with a needle on my grease gun with as much Lucas red and tacky as i can get in there.

There must be a shortage of grease over there Those guys are stingy. Anyhow I didn't even consider my own comfort when riding. Eye protection would be key with the cicadas awakening from their slumber

Suspension forks, 2 inch wide tires and a suspension seat post. Make sure the frame is a good fit for you.

Comfort is a must when riding long distances. Personally unless you live in the flat lands I'd have a shift kit also. Other things to consider is a techometer, speedometer and mirrors.

Back