longest ride?

18 miles round trip. It took me about a half hour each way (hills and traffic lights) and I didn't even use a full (1/2 liter) tank of gas.

No your right...they can.If the rims are cheap the spokes can (not always) snap from the torque. GEBE wouldn't be selling velocity rims if their kits didn't snap spokes. But that's a good thing...they have tons of power.

I thought they were the outfit that sells that disc thing that mounts to the spokes that folks report breaking spokes with. If I have named the wrong brand then my bad. What brand or brands do use those devices?

I only have one longer ride. I rode one of my old pedal routes 40 miles. No trouble. Took about 2 1/2 hours, I was just enjoying the ride, nice weather and very little traffic. BTW my seat is the most comfortable that I have sat on.
Elmo

Attachments

• DSCI0356 x.JPG
    DSCI0356 x.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 327
I did a little over 8 hours in a day but mileage wasn't that much as I was averaging 4-5 mph climbing over mountains on trails.

On labour day weekend Wayne and I went to the Nieghbouring City. It is about 75 miles one way, It took me 4 hours to get there. Wayne did not make it, I went all the way to get repair supplies for him. It was a good thing that we went together. He has a large springer seat, and I use a suspention seat pole with a Oval shwinn comfort seat. We took a couple of days because of the bike repairs and the shorter days. But we were glad on the second day we took our time and looked for alternate routes to take. I would highly recomend it to everyone to try it some time, a weekend trip on the bike.

I am very familiar with various bicycles, but I'm new to motorized bicycles. Where can you find the LCD temp guage. Where do you plan to mount it? near the exhaust? Where would you learn the most valuable information from changes in temp vs. "normal operation"?

Hi everyone, I am dreaming about where I will be able to travel once my bike gets here, I get it put together, and work out all the kinks.

What is the longest trip that you have taken?
how long did it take to ride?
how many people went with you?
tips for traveling long distance?
what were the environmental conditions like for the trip?

What is the longest you have ridden your mb after engine break in was completed? what type of engine do you have? what is too long to ride? do you have a temp sensor on your engine? I think I am going to get a 20 dollar temp sensor with a lcd display for the handlebars, so I can keep an eye on engine temp.

I hope to build a very solid and reliable bike that can cover some serious distance; as well as using it as a daily commuter to class, and a grocery getter. I also just found this awesome looking trailer that doubles as a grocery cart with 20" wheels in the back, and a multi directional coaster wheel in the front.

I have been having a blast with maps.google.com making cool like 30 mile bike treks around the back roads of the Texas Hill Country. It is so beautiful here, I want to soak it in.

I am all excited about being able to take some serious cruises. haha I want to be able to ride 170 miles to surprise my family. "Surprise, I rode here on a bicycle!" haha I think that would be funny... and a good excuse to see everyone.

I know this is long and I am asking about a lot. Just chime in with your own experiences and stories. I would love to read them.

Back