Mantis tiller no start

Is the longer needle the factory needle? If so, you'll have to use that one or it will flood out.

Is there a clip on the bottom of the diaphragm that hooks into the needle rocker? Each end of the little rocker will look similar, kinda forked. If it's not forked then the diaphragm just operates on the tab.

Yes. The longer was the factory needle. I swapped everything and got it started. But the engine was smoking after it shut off

Yes. The longer was the factory needle. I swapped everything and got it started. But the engine was smoking after it shut off
Is the smoke coming from a place other than the exhaust? It is typical for machines that have been worked on to have residual smoke. Extra smoke from the exhaust is most likely from fuel/oil settling out in the bottom of the case.
Always warm your engine up sufficiently before putting into operation, this will also burn off extra oil.

Yeah it was coming from the exhaust. When I first started it it seemed like something was leaking out of the exhaust side for some reason

Back