MBc-OCEAN PARK- BBQ July '07

Dang, I just can't make this one. :( Big weekend sending the wife and one of my kids off to Australia on Friday, a big bicycle chopper ride in Corvallis on Sat., Sunday I have to crate up a frame to send to Hawaii and work at 4 in the morning on Monday...what a drag!!

August will be a bad month for me as well because my work schedule is so weird.

Are there plans for a big ride/rally in Sept?? If there we can get one planned for the Sept. 15th, I am pretty sure that would work for me. We'll just pray for decent weather...LOL!

I am really bummed I am going to have to miss the July ride/rally. Seems like this Summer is crammed packed full of things that get in the way.

I am very excited to get together with the gang once again!

Dan

bummer, dan...there will be many more chances, tho.

too bad about august, too, life does have a way of interfering with life, huh?

we'll start a topic next month about trying to plan the september BBQ & ride for the 15th.

meantime, anyone else gets a wild hair and wants to buzz on up or down or over to the peninsula this weekend you'd be more than welcome :D

Dang, I'll be driving from California to Castle Rock Washington for the motorcycle races on the weekend of 8-10 and 8-11-07.
Too bad it will be too late for the get together.

well, it's never too late to drop in for a visit & ride, are you gonna have a motoredbike with you?

you feel free to get in touch if you'd like to visit during that weekend...
we'll take a few pics and call it an "MBc Event" anyways :LOL:

matter of fact, i host next month's BBQ, so at this point i don't see a problem with having it that weekend. i'll be posting the august BBQ topic soon, let's see what we can work out, eh?

augidog said:
well, it's never too late to drop in for a visit & ride, are you gonna have a motoredbike with you?

you feel free to get in touch if you'd like to visit during that weekend...
we'll take a few pics and call it an "MBc Event" anyways :LOL:

matter of fact, i host next month's BBQ, so at this point i don't see a problem with having it that weekend. i'll be posting the august BBQ topic soon, let's see what we can work out, eh?

Wow, thanks for trying to work around my travel plans.
I have a very tight schedule on this trip.
Leave Southern Calif. Thursday morning and drive to Castle Rock Wa. which is a 2 day drive, 8 hours each day. Arrive Friday afternoon-evening and attend the Castle Rock National TT Motorcycle Races on Friday Night.
Early Saturday morning drive up to Chehalis and ride a Vintage Motorcycle Trials event all day. After the Trials event drive back to Castle Rock and watch the Saturday night National Short Track Race.
Sunday morning leave early to start the drive back to Southern Calif.
Not a lot of extra time up there.

One possibility,
if I finish my current Motoredbike project before that weekend, it may be possible to stay another day. If that happens, I could drive to the coast on Sunday and leave for home on Monday.
Will have to see how it goes.

well, noone from outta town could make it this time...no biggy...plenty of more chances coming up :)

gonna stuff oursleves on burgers and dogs, have a few safety-meetings to keep things interesting & make it official, maybe tweak a few things on the bikes...beach cruzin's (new) bike is prolly on the road this morning, all he needed was fuel last night but it was way too rainy to bother...

pics of the "event" later tonight 8)

no pics, not much to say...

we had a good time as always. one thing we noticed was the benefit of having an actual get-together planned...it was nice to leave everything else behind for a few hours and par-tay with friends...

beach cruzin almost didn't make it, he'd been fighting weather and a bunch of mis-matched bicycles all week to get his motoredbike on the road...another last minute problem got him so mad he gave up and told us to go ahead to the "q" , he wasn't in the mood, poor guy :(

anyway, about 45 minutes into the party, we hear a familiar buzzin sound. guess who? 'cruzin got it running!

it made the day all the better to see he didn't give up :D

stay tuned for the new "august '07 PNW BBQ" topic soon 8)

SWEET!! way to go, cruisin.....!

psssst..... don't let Augi cook in August! hehehe...cause if he burns anything...he'll blame MBc. :LOL: :p

Back