Micargi Rover GT w/ 68 spoke wheels

Apachekid

Local time
4:55 PM
Thinking about motorizing this bike. Has anyone ordered one of these lately? Ive heard Micargi has changed the frame....putting the seat tube slightly behind the crankset, like a chopper bike........making it harder to mount engine.
Here's a beauty by Lynn@custommotored bikes with the seat tube coming down to the middle of crank. Cant get much info out of bike dealers..........Just wondering what frame Micargi is shipping these days.....

Attachments

• DYNOMITE.jpg
    DYNOMITE.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 3,345
I purchased one of these and a motor kit. The seat post is behind the crank about 2 inches. Motor hits the chain with the standard mounts. Ordered a rubber motor mount set hoping it will move the engine up. If not going to have to make a spacer block. The other issue is the 68 spoke wheels. Can't use a standard rag joint or sproket hub adapter. I have ordered a sproket with brake rotor holes. Going to drill the wheel hub flange and bolt it to the sproket using the rotor holes on the sproket. This is my first motorized bike and it ischallenging out of the box!

Back