most miles

S

sully1617

i'd like to hear from all of you, what is the longest length as far and miles you have gone on 1 gallon of fuel? i realize most of you don't have a 1 gallon tank like me but give it you best guess. i haven't run mine long enough to run out yet nor do i have a odometer and i'm curious to know how far these will really go. 120 mile, 150 miles, 60 miles?

I get maybe 75 miles per gallon normally, the 120 mpg is a bogus claim that may be doable on a perfectly jetted stock motor if you baby it but they come from the factory stupid rich, just about everyone revs the things to death, and the only people who actually bother to rejet have also made modifications that severely impact the fuel economy.

yeah i thought so too. i have never gotten the so called 150 miles. not really sure what i'm getting though i don't have a odometer. i did upgrade to a 1 gallon tank for extended range but haven't had the guts or time to run it out to see just how far it would get me. also i'm think i'm running a little rich since i get a little splatter out of my tailpipe that tends to make my rear wheel black with unburnt fuel and oil. at least that is what it looks like to me. i tried to make some adjustments but only made it worse so i put it back to original setting. it doesn't like to idle but it runs like it's being chased by two hungry bears.

I am running 2 stroke, leaning it out pretty good, and getting at least 100 mpg. I prepare my fuel in 1 1/2 gallons at a time and that takes me easily 6 commutes (156 miles) and some extra small tripping.

My morning ride is early so it's very low traffic with long stretches of BRAPPAGE and I try to idle as little as possible.

british gallon? or US gallon?

why cant you people just say km/L?

cus saying 40-50km/l makes sense, as both units are universally standardised...

or 80-100km out of a tank.

so, thats my average mileage. go ahead and convert it, yourself :p

i live in America and damn glad i do, so as such our standard is U.S. Gallons. if you wish to convert that you may

Well I got roughly 100 km per tank which was 2 liter. And made a 5 and a half liter tank which got like 300kmh. But I think having the carby needle up or down make a big difference.

i have a 2 stroke with a liter tank. i fill the tank once a week so i get 10 miles to the tank this is city driving so about 40 to the gallon but i havent tried out of the city riding yet

I haven't checked out for mileage yet, but just so you know; Canada has adopted litres per 100km.
Doesn't THAT mess with yer head. 3 L/100km is good, 15 L/100km is bad.
10 L/100km = 28mpg(imp) = 23.5mpg(us)
5 L/100km = 56.5mpg(imp) = 47mpg(us) Pretty good for a small car or a motorbike
3 L/100km = 94mpg(imp) = 78.5mpg(us) Which would be pretty good for these bikes

Hey, Americans! Some is selling you small gallons!

Steve

Back