Motoredbiking and the price of gas

The idea that high gas prices will lead to smaller vehicles is dependent on logical thinking on the part of humans. My experience suggests that humans and logical thinking have a strained relationship. People seem to typically buy cars on the status basis. So what really needs to happen is Motorized bikes need to be made to look cool. Motorized bikes need an add campaign that send the message car makers have been sending for years. Namely: These things will get you laid.

Maybe they should just start selling motorized treks with new Volkswagens. Not only could people save money on gas, they could dump their Triple A as well :)

Personally I like the fact that people over-extended themselves buying fancy gas-guzzlers like Escalades just so they can have it as a status symbol. They're getting what they deserve now with their bank leveraged house no longer worth the overvalued price they paid for it, a worthless huge hunk of luxury steel in the driveway and not enough loan money left over for their prada bags and dunkin doughnuts every morning.

The biggest lie of capitalism is that everybody can get rich. The people who fell for that ruse are now going to pay for it by being indebted to their banking masters for countless years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea that high gas prices will lead to smaller vehicles is dependent on logical thinking on the part of humans.

So true. Look at Europe with gas there now at the equivalent of 8 American dollars a gallon. They have the smallest car in the world there. Their super car is tiny. Everything there is tiny it seems.
I'm seeing more and more Smart cars here. People in large truck and SUV assembly plants are getting layed off. No one is buying new trucks and Hummers. Everyone is buying Hybrids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back