Motorized Human Transportation other than bicycling

Yes, but it would be very hard to control. I'm frightened just thinking about it.

In most states aren't agricultural vehicles limited on speed?
Though that doesn't have to be a deal killer; at least you could ride.
Well, it might be. Gravely tractors in this usage amount to having power and steering in the leading unit of a 2 unit articulated vehicle. Frankly, a situation greatly to be preffered (IMO) to a pusher trailer on a single point hitch.

My Dad had a Gravely tractor years ago, and almost every inplement they made for it. It wasn't difficult to control at all from the sulky seat, but it wasn't fast. Maybe 10 mph in high gear with no load.

Yes, but it would be very hard to control. I'm frightened just thinking about it.
I've seen some huge tractors going 35 mph with no problems.

In most states aren't agricultural vehicles limited on speed?
If any vehicle, particularly agri-vehicles, travel less than 25mph... THEN you have to put a reflective triangle on the back. Nothing I've found has limited the speed of an agri-vehicle.

Somebody please tell me that they remember the heavy motorized backpack with that huge fan on the back, that you could use for a bike, skates, skateboard, or anything else on wheels... as long as you didn't turn to the side!!

What was the name?!?
It came to me in my sleep... ThrustPac!!

http://www.thrustpac.com/

Still neat, altho impractical for us.

ATV's are motor vehicles under IL law, by the by.... but they are a class that is not roadworthy. They aren't required to be registered at all, but they do have VIN#s and the condition of the title is supposed to be kept current with respect to the present owner (anytime you buy an ATV, you're supposed to file for a title on it within 30 or 60 days or something, just like you're supposed to do with regular cars and trucks).
~

Which always bugs me, because the Chicago police use ATVs all over the city... but your average citizen can't get in one? come on...

Which always bugs me, because the Chicago police use ATVs all over the city... but your average citizen can't get in one? come on...

I agree, it's not fair. If law applies to some folks, it should apply to all.

Or just have no law at all.

Back