My Dream Of Enjoying A MB Went Bad

OCLandspeeder

Local time
10:48 AM
A short time back I introduced myself in here in the hopes of becoming a permanent member. I lurked, learned from many, learned the laws, and enjoyed the input of others. The stuff I have absorbed in this website will stay with me. Unfortunately, I will not be a MB owner for the foreseeable future.

In a nutshell, I purchased a MB from an online retailer and due to extremely poor assembly work, sloppy packaging, and a lack of willingness to stand behind their product, my MB never hit the road. Instead, I am now fighting to return the MB and get my $$ back. I will do a thorough review very soon in the vendor review section, where I will spell out the details. But for now, I must remain quiet until the case has been settled.

My advice to those of you who are contemplating buying a complete MB from an online retailer is: don't! Build it yourself! If you do buy a complete MB, make sure you get a written money back guarantee that the bike will be in complete working order otherwise, you can return the bike for a full refund. If the retailer is not willing to do that, then build the MB yourself.

Due to this very nasty experience, I am holding off on buying a MB for the foreseeable future.

well well. "sour grapes for all"

you should at least get it working with help from members and call it money spent. leave a nasty review about the vendor still.

i havnt gave up yet. andi need a whole new back wheel at a cost of about $100 at the most with a week delivery wait....

OC, you gotta stop crying about this. Be a man, figure out a way to make it work and feel better about yourself at the end of the day as a result... like the rest of us. No offense, but it's kinda what you get for trying to take a short cut and buy a ready-made complete bike. Most people here spend a great deal of time researching, buying, waiting, building, cussing, and figuring out how to put the d*** thing together before they get to enjoy even a second. It's kinda how it works... to quit and go home after a simple packaging error says a lot about you. Don't quit because it will definitely be worth the trouble in the end.

When you pay someone $150 extra to assemble and test the bike, what are your expectations? At the very least the bike runs right?

The bike arrived with missing parts, broken parts, and was assembled by a drunken monkey--it looks like it anyway. Frame scratches everywhere! Some parts did not fit. Etc. I spent hours trying to get the bike to work and I could not. I tune up cars and motorcycles myself without any trouble! This bike was beyond help.

Sorry if you guys think it is ok to get defective product and spend time you paid someone else for to get it running. I don't. If you buy a bicycle from your LBS, you can at least expect to ride the bike around when you get it home! This bike was unridable as is! Now all I want is my $$ back and I can't even get that going. If this is the state of the MB industry, then I do NOT want any part of it!

why didn't you buy a $90 craigslist bike and then put a $120 motor on it like the rest of us? I have put 4 together now and have yet to put one on without at least a couple of scratches... thats why you find a $90 bike.

I hope you are able to settle the financial score promptly to your satisfaction. There's no excuse for shoddy workmanship if that's what was being passed off on you.

Tempting as it might be it's hard to throw an indictment against the whole MB industry though. (if there is such a thing and if there is it's still in it's infancy) There are scammers in all lines of business. Settle your score and publish your review.

A question of time

Scotty on the old Star Trek said "fool my once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I would treat this as a "learning experience". Now you have a full set of engine/transmission and bicycle to experiment with. I don't remember how much you paid but it could not have been as much as a new fully suspended Canondales I see hanging in garages around in this neck of the woods.

I am sure if the frame on the bike is in pretty good shape you can get the rest of it up and running. there are quit a selection of good web pages that can get you the info you need to sort things out.

I have been a bike mechanic for longer than I would like to think a about. and there are very few cases were the bike was a total write off.( Mom backing over timmys bike with the Suburban is one.) so buck up. this is not the end its just a little slower start.

Mike-slower and wiser-Frye:eek:

OC,
Take it from a guy who got burnT. This guy rebuilt his bike w/ help of the members of this site. Decide what you want to do? Do you want a return? Do you want a MB?
When you decide, let us know, we are here to help guide you!

Pay attention to the bottom of the screen. What is the content your personality?

OC:
I'm with you. Where I come from, I expect a man to do what he says and stand behind it. Short of that reflects the poor integrity of the seller. Too many here, in my opinion, have a "What did you expect?" point of view. This is misplaced thinking, and it results in more sympathy for a shoddy product than for the consumer. Get your money back if you can. Did you use your credit card? You can protest the payment if you did. Don't give up on MBs. Come back here, ask for advice, or PM me and I'll coach you to make the right purchase choices to assemble a quality MB.
Mike
Definition of an upset: An unfulfilled expectation.

Back