My HD Hub center threaded axle shaft sticks way out on one side, too short other side

It's all at the weld shop now, and I've got some cleanup done in my work area getting ready to see if I can find the parts to do the reassembly. I was able to remove the drum part of the drum brake from the HD axle, so now I've get all that **** out of the way and I've got a nice clean hub with a freewheel drive sprocket on one side and a BMX
-type sprocket on the pedal side.

Holy S$^t is there ever a lotta parts scattered everywhere I think I know where they all go and which one's to throw out though. When I get'er assembled I definitely take some photos to post

I'm a'scared to throw 'em out brother. What if I toss that one washer for that one bolt that has to fit just so......
:whistle:
:confused:

i used one of these axles on my 29er, the 7sp cassette wouldn't fit so i bought a 5 spd thread-on off ebay for .99 , about $7 w/shipping. the hd freewheel was sloppy so i tried to take it back off and the freewheel came apart and hundreds of little tiny ball bearings went here and there. i managed to get it back together but now i don't have much confidence in it. i do like having that freewheel there when i coast down hills tho, and makes it super pedal friendly too.

Back