My Huffy Cranbrook

It is about time I posted my ride. It's been a long time coming. Only the engine, throttle, rear rim, clutch and exhaust were bought new. The rest are used or dumpster finds. Yes, she's a jalopy but she runs.

148606146649873208354.jpg

Last edited:
Also I bought axle tugs and managed to put them on so the axle doesn't mangle the dropouts.

Yes, I've also been looking into tugs.

Huffy has a nice 'warranty' replacement policy and so far, I've gotten 2 complete rear wheels from them and I've been looking up other product model numbers for wide tire models to get 'replacement' hand v-brake and disc brake parts for near next to nothing as a 'warranty' part.

I'll have to possibly look into at least a suspension front fork upgrade, mine rides like a zero suspension tank with a gas powered, vibrating butt massager.

Now, if I could only get my wife to ride the bike a few times, she may be convinced that i *need* to build her one, too..... :D

Huffy has a nice 'warranty' replacement policy and so far, I've gotten 2 complete rear wheels from them and I've been looking up other product model numbers for wide tire models to get 'replacement' hand v-brake and disc brake parts for near next to nothing as a 'warranty' part.
Best of luck with that, you started with a used ~$89 bicycle infamous for it's crap rear wheel, and I don't see Huffy giving you anything better and surprised you got anything as motorizing any bicycle voids it warranty, but hey good luck with the pursuit as it sounds like you could use some good luck.

Thanks for the luck.

Yes i know huffy stuff is crap, better than nothing until I can do something better :) a couple dollars for one or two parts here and there every week isn't breaking the bank at $13/hr and I'm still able to save a little at a time to regain a family car. Work is also only 3.5 miles one way, I keep a little freedom (family of 5, four of which are female, I'm the dicktatorship) by riding to and from work every day - regardless of weather and I'm only buying 1 gallon of gas per month to feed the thing. Thank you for seeing it from my point of view.

When I got the setup, everything was new. The kid didn't finish the build, as the chain wasn't even on the motor and same goes for the bike. Its trial and error for me and i dont mind because I'm learning.

That's a common theme these days.
I hope you can get it going and I feel for you and your family.

My Cranbrook was going fine up until a couple days ago. Waiting for new hub bearings to come in, my dumba$$ didn't keep up with the motor sprocket side and they decided to seize. Luckily I wasn't on the road.

Back to OP, what chain riggers did you end up going with for your cranbrook?

I'm running a #410 single speed bicycle chain on the motor side.
If you are serious about keeping the huffy rim get a bunch of loose ball bearings and ditch the caged bearings. Keep it greased and tight (not too tight). Get rim brakes and only use the coaster if you think you are about to die.

I hope that's sarcasm lol...
No! Why put caged bearings in a wheel hub? Less ball bearings fit when you have to leave room for the cage. The cage can get all mangled up if the cone nuts become a bit loose and dry/ gritty and then the mangled up cage will score the bearing races. It's an open/ unsealed hub so that will happen.
The only reason why a manufacturer would ever use caged bearings in the hub is so the frking poorly paid worker can be made to assemble faster. Schnell! Schnell! *cracks whip*

Back