Need help with installing sprocket on 140 spoke wheel

The White Industries Free Wheel costs $100
So no money will be saved trying to upgrade the kit from China

The White Industries Free Wheel costs $100
So no money will be saved trying to upgrade the kit from China
When ya already have it, ya just buy the bearing. Lol. Got a bike with the cheapie, then found out about the whites industry bearing. Those cheapies can be found for 100 bucks if you look hard enough.

SBP kit costs $200
Find a cheepie kit for $100 then spend another $100 for a White Ind Freewheel (bearing) . Ya just wasted time, probably paid more.
Besides wouldn't you rather buy it all from a Made in USA company.

But yes if ya already got the cheepie $100 kit it's a must to upgrade to the White Ind Freewheel

Oh I wouldn't buy a cheapie. I know better. lol. I just know they can be found for 100 because my friends insist on the cheapest crap and never learn most of it is junk. When I jackshaft I either build it myself and use a bmx freewheel or similar for the chain coming off the crank, or I buy the SBP kit. The SBP is the easiest route by far, no guessing on gears reductions etc. In no way would I ever knock the SBP kit, its well worth the 250( with the extra tools). Not only in headaches saved, but the thing last for over 1500 miles before showing signs of needing a new $7 bearing. The best part, the freewheel replacement bearing is so inexpensive you can collect change in your couch and buy one.

I guess the crank freewheel in a shift kit gets more abuse

I use a White Industries Rear Freewheel on my Whizzer M/B.
It's been on there for over 10 years and it's seen over 30,000 miles and still works like new
DSCF6649.JPG

For the first 9K miles I was using Made in Taiwan Freewheels and I was putting a new one on about every 1,500 - 3K miles
The Taiwan Freewheels have only 2 Paws and they kept breaking from kicking the pedal to start my bike
I got a White Ind Freewheel $65 and it has 4 Paws. It's all made HD Super Strong with and it hasn't let me down yet
Love the sealed bearing too

Oh the crank bearing on mine get thrashed hard. I'm not easy on these bikes. Not at all. I beat the crap out of them. Not wide open stuff, but I slam 'em around and have fun. I know things break. 1500 miles on one tiny bearing is amazing for me. Those cheapies ( tried one before I knew of the SBP kit) last maybe 200 miles on my bikes. An its the paws that give out, not the bearing part. SBP is the only place that cared enough to develop a bearing for our cranks. For that reason alone I will always buy the freewheel crank bearing from them. Only way to make sure you are getting the real deal, an supports more R&D by them.

Oh the crank bearing on mine get thrashed hard. I'm not easy on these bikes. Not at all. I beat the crap out of them. Not wide open stuff, but I slam 'em around and have fun. I know things break. 1500 miles on one tiny bearing is amazing for me. Those cheapies ( tried one before I knew of the SBP kit) last maybe 200 miles on my bikes. An its the paws that give out, not the bearing part. SBP is the only place that cared enough to develop a bearing for our cranks. For that reason alone I will always buy the freewheel crank bearing from them. Only way to make sure you are getting the real deal, an supports more R&D by them.
I just check the price of that 20t rear White Ind Freewheel I bought in 2009 for $65
Today it's priced at $104

Man thats insane inflation!!!! About a 40% jump!! In a decade, an we know who caused it too.
Are you blaming Trump lol jk. Just had to mention he who shall not be named lol. God I hope he doesn't run again. We need some younger meat making decisions, these dinosaurs need to go be old in Florida and play some golf or visit with grandchildren or something.

As I guy who started building bikes with shift kits on them from the beginning I can say that the sickbikeparts kit and Chinese kit both have there strengths and weaknesses. The weakness on the Chinese kit is the crank arms and the freewheel. However the mounting kit and bearing location is way better on the China kit. The Chinese kit mounts the bearings for the jackshaft further apart and it spreads the load across the shaft better. The SBP kit mounts the bearings very close together and causes the shaft to twist under heavy load. I found a combination of the 2 worked best. Just my 2 pennies.
As far a mounting a rag joint or hub adapter to that 144 spoked wheel, it ain't gonna happen. Better off to just get a 36 spoke rear wheel. Safer too. That's my other 2 pennies worth.

Back