New 4 "Cycle" engine help

4 STROKE INSTALL UPDATE

Ok...Here is where I am with the NEW 4 stroke motor install. I am not complaining there were no install instructions. A picture would be worth more to me. But....I got neither. Also..I did not get engine mounting bolts for the underside of the motor to bike plate. See pic. I had to round up my own. Nor did I get anything to mount the Engine plate to the bike frame. Again..I had to adapt and over come. I used bolts and then steel engine clamps. The holes in the plate were wider than desired, thus the bolts are at a 15 degree angle or so...... Had thought of using muffler clamps, but there is no way to pull them and tighten them down on the inside of the plate..So..I did what was available to me. and that was loop bolts through and put on steel clamps and make it tight. Had to lean the motor so the air box would clear....Also..Had to pull the crank and put on the steel one that came with the kit. IF you do not have a puller tool "see pic" then forget it..You are not pulling the old crank off...Also had to remove the front derailure since the new crank only has one steel chain wheel . Not a big deal..I will not be pedalling that much anyway..I hope. Well..That is it for now.. See the pics to see where my NEW 4 stroke install is at.
8_MVC001L_1.jpg

8_MVC002L_1.jpg

8_MVC003L_1.jpg

8_MVC004L_1.jpg

8_MVC005L_1.jpg

That thing is beefy! Let's hope it power is as much as it is wide! Have you had a chance to fire it up yet? If so, was it a "first pull" or "pulled muscle"??

Dan

Are those studs holding the mounting tray to the frame 6mm dia. or 8mm dia.? If they are 6mm are they Chinese? If so I see big problems with them fracturing. I am really keen to know because I'm wanting to buy the tray myself.

retro racer
Use a good nondetergent oil for your break in period.

why would you reccomend non detergent oil
Wont it plate the dirt all over the inside of the engine.
As opposed to a detergent oil which will carry the dirt out on the first oil change.?

Just wondering aloud.

The link don't work. I built a Grubee 4-stroke.It came with a mounting plate.I built mine on a Shwinn SS which has a one piece crank. A wide one piece crank came in the Grubee kit.The instructions that come with the kit are real bad,but if you have built a 2-stroke kit you can finger it out.It's a good motor and kit if you like the look. I didn't use oil in the gear box because of oil leaks. I used Lucas Red "N" Tacky grease on the gears. Good luck with your builds.

Back