New beginning

I'm certain that you will have a mid drive soon, too. I know that feeling of becoming aware of how good they are and will be for me and my needs.
I hope mine comes. I frequently think about ordering a second one though I have not seen my first one in person. 😅

yeh, sorry my post might have came off wrong. i am not saying one is better than the other, hub vs mid. i like the smoothness and silence and more simplicity of a hub motor but the mid drive has torque and i like the motor sounds better than that of a hub. a mid drive is slightly more efficient than a hub as well. both have goods and bads. my cyclone is so torquey and not smooth at all; if i had a choice i would probably replace it with a 3k hub.

Question time please...

Do those gear reduction rear hubs have better torque then the non planetary hubs...

Cheers from Don

Gear reduction is usually 5:1 for the geared hub motors. Its hard to find a geared hub motor that is already laced and wheeled. They usually sell them hub only, which means you have to lace or find a shop that will. I am too oaf-ish to do it and don't trust myself with something like that.

My only problem with retail ebikes is that they make their battery proprietary. Its like 18650 cells that are universal made to work with only a specific bike. So, if you ever want another battery or more capacity you are at their whim, inventory, and pricing. I mean additionally their batteries are expensive. I mean there a lot of factors to consider.

If you built a gas bike, making a nice looking ebike that can rival the look of the expensive retail bikes is possible. I mean my next ebike is gonna be like 60 or 72V, 3kW~, and 2-4 kwH in batteries and cost like $1-1.5k. We will see.

yeh, sorry my post might have came off wrong. i am not saying one is better than the other, hub vs mid. i like the smoothness and silence and more simplicity of a hub motor but the mid drive has torque and i like the motor sounds better than that of a hub. a mid drive is slightly more efficient than a hub as well. both have goods and bads. my cyclone is so torquey and not smooth at all; if i had a choice i would probably replace it with a 3k hub.
It was fine. 🙂 They both have more good qualities than bad. Both valid options and both need to appear in your collection at some time, maybe the same time if you have a need for each.

The main thing about the hub is that it is convenient for converting a bike into an e-bike quickly. 😄

Although that seems to apply to burly built bike frames/forks with lower powered motors.
I need my fatbike's dropouts replacing before I get to use my enormous fatbike geared motor hub.

The geared hub motors will freewheel beyond the top speed of the motor, and can be driven by the 2-stroke ICE through the SBP Shift Kit to the cassettte freehub body (or even by fixed drive to the disc rotor mount if you have room on your build) up to any speed you like. That's my plan hehe. ☺

So this SW900 LCD display has 16 settings.
I can get into all but have no clue what the #15 is for :unsure:
Searched the internet and found alot, except for what #15 is for. Says it is not implimented yet.
My #15 is set to 48...anyone know more about this #15 setting?

Here are my settings:

1: light dimer 3
2: 1 = mph
3: 48v
4: sleeptime 0
5: Set at 1 gives the 5 PAS settings (not using the PAS right now)
6: wheel size 26
7: Is set to 46 from factory
8: speed limit in kph set to 72 from factory = 44mph?
9: Is set to 0
10: 1 = no PAS, only throttle.
11: Was set to 1 from factory
12: Set to 0
13: The PAS magnet colar shows 8 magnets so 8 is that what they mean?
14: Controller limiting setting for the amps? Was set to 12.5 from factory. Can this be bumped up to lets say, 14 with no worries?
15: Have no clue what this setting is, it's set at 48
16: Holding the up button will reset the ODO

Now some people showed 18 settings :unsure: I have 16.
If #15 says not yet implimented, then why does mine say 48 and i can go lower or higher?

Now some people showed 18 settings :unsure: I have 16.
If #15 says not yet implimented, then why does mine say 48 and i can go lower or higher?
[/QUOTE]

I know nothing about what your asking.
But It could mean 48v is not yet impliminted meaning your not going to use all 48v before your battery is dead. The battery will shut itself off and keep a small reserve of power. Just a guess
Not suppose to use 100% of your battery up before a charge.

Last edited:
Found something:

Ready for another guess???
#15 is non adjustable your only gonna use 41.5v before your battery shuts down. 48v in not impliminted. Maybe suppose to be like that

Someone will answer ya shortly

Ready for another guess???
#15 is non adjustable your only gonna use 41.5v before your battery shuts down. 48v in not impliminted. Maybe suppose to be like that

Someone will answer ya shortly
My #15 setting goes up alot and down, it's adjustable to me and I found the settings so I'll keep it near the lower one and see how it does when i can
ride again in a few days.
I set it at 38.5 :oops:

Back