New Bike Issues

So I bought a Bicycle Motor Works Knight Rider kit fully assembled on Craigslist. First, when rolling (even engine off) it makes a loud "RRRRR" noise and it gets louder the faster I go. It's really loud and distracting. Second, the bike rides really rough and will not idle at all. It's either on or off and the engine rides really rough. Those seem to be the main issues I am having with it. I don't know what to do or how to fix or even what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I think the idle screw needs to be adjusted but I have no idea about the rear wheel making that god awful noise.
There is an idle screw on side of carb turn right to increase.
Rough might be electrode melted on spark plug check you gap also the leaner you run your fuel the rougher the pop gonna be run 20:1 or 6 oz to the gallon.
Unless its brand new 8 oz gallon.

There is an idle screw on side of carb turn right to increase.
Rough might be electrode melted on spark plug check you gap also the leaner you run your fuel the rougher the pop gonna be run 20:1 or 6 oz to the gallon.
Unless its brand new 8 oz gallon.
doing 20:1 and cleaned carb
some guy came over and told me the spark plug where it goes to the CDI (rubber thing) was all bent and f***ed up so I ordered a new one. It should run after it's swapped out.

doing 20:1 and cleaned carb
some guy came over and told me the spark plug where it goes to the CDI (rubber thing) was all bent and f***ed up so I ordered a new one. It should run after it's swapped out.
Keep your fingers cross.

Keep your fingers cross.
CDI and some more oil in gas fixed it. Just having my scooter man come over and fix the throttle because it's idling really high (throttle stuck lol not idle screw) It runs and rides but when I was riding I had to kill the engine and it made a super loud POP noise. Do you think that did anything? It still runs even after that noise. I thought maybe the engine backfired.

I was sure as hell wrong. The guy I bought from mailed a $40 check and said he's done and contacting his lawyer (99% bluff) . I am calling the small claims court advisory. Also should make a list of things wrong with it.
1. Dead CDI - $13
2. Chain Broke Because the fender was not attached properly - $50
3. Throttle cable broke and diagnosis $10 for someone to check it out and $6 for throttle cable (also +$20 to install it)
4. Front wheel not aligned - Not done yet, quoted $30
5. left pedal broke off and destroyed threads - unknown but now impossible to start it because I need to pedal to start the bike (cost most likely in the $60 range)
I should also mention I paid $400 for this bike which was advertised as brand new.
So total cost $560 for a bike which the kit costs $355.

Dead CDI happens - no one's fault

Chain Broke Because the fender was not attached properly - no bicycle company makes a fender mount that will work with these bikes, one must redo those to get fenders to stay in place - rider needs to adjust/align chain a LOT during first month or so

Throttle cable broke - might have been zip-tied to frame (definite no-no)

Front wheel not aligned - left pedal broke off - chinese bike, common problems from factory, seen wobbly wheels a lot

all of the above is why I recommend building bikes yourself, as there is a lot that needs to be learned during the build in order to keep one of these on the road for any serious amount of time

sorry, you had that experience, but now you know that these are not factory-made motorcycles and you may now be able to deal with future issues

Dead CDI happens - no one's fault

Chain Broke Because the fender was not attached properly - no bicycle company makes a fender mount that will work with these bikes, one must redo those to get fenders to stay in place - rider needs to adjust/align chain a LOT during first month or so

Throttle cable broke - might have been zip-tied to frame (definite no-no)

Front wheel not aligned - left pedal broke off - chinese bike, common problems from factory, seen wobbly wheels a lot

all of the above is why I recommend building bikes yourself, as there is a lot that needs to be learned during the build in order to keep one of these on the road for any serious amount of time

sorry, you had that experience, but now you know that these are not factory-made motorcycles and you may now be able to deal with future issues
Brought it back $150 loss and the guy was pissed. Started swearing at me and he is mailing a check so he had my address though. Kinda freaked out a bit I'm sure it will roll off. Threatening him with court got him to take it back. He was super pissed at me because he had to take it back. I blocked his email but kept them in case.

Back