New build

Andrew1234

Local time
12:10 AM
Im working on making a commuter build to get places reliably and I was thinking what engine kit would last the longest and be the most reliable

Im working on making a commuter build to get places reliably and I was thinking what engine kit would last the longest and be the most reliable
The link below will bring you to a favourite of many folks here...The Zeda 80.

The Phantom 85 is a favourite for both myself, as well as @ImpulseRocket...The newest V-3 edition has all the bugs worked out that were present in past editions...Rocket and myself worked out the problems inherent in our V-2 editions that you won't have to do...lol.

I would trust the V3 Phantom as a commuter bike engine. They still have some random goofy quality issues, the most recent I have seen was a person that got a piston with the windows cut on the exhaust side.

No matter what engine you choose there is still a lot of the reliability aspect that can be in your control. My single greatest piece of advice is to value clean. Clean things up as much as possible, ideally tearing the engine down and cleaning it out, but not everybody wants to go that far. The other big one is having a crankshaft that is not too far out of true. If you can see the runout of the crank in the bevel gear or magnet, it will eat seals quickly.

the most recent I have seen was a person that got a piston with the windows cut on the exhaust side.
Did that also mean that the ring pins were on the intake side with the windows on the exhaust side, or was this merely that the arrow on top of the piston was engraved on the wrong side where all you need to do is just ignore the arrow as long as the windows and ring pins are both on the intake side.

I have seen the arrow marked wrong so it was easy to just not follow the arrow but to make sure that the ring pins themselves would be on the intake side.

(I hope I made that understandable, couldn't sleep again last night whilst still in recovery)...lol.

Did that also mean that the ring pins were on the intake side with the windows on the exhaust side, or was this merely that the arrow on top of the piston was engraved on the wrong side where all you need to do is just ignore the arrow as long as the windows and ring pins are both on the intake side.

I have seen the arrow marked wrong so it was easy to just not follow the arrow but to make sure that the ring pins themselves would be on the intake side.

(I hope I made that understandable, couldn't sleep again last night whilst still in recovery)...lol.
pins were on the intake side, the windows were on the arrow side opposite of the pins. New person at the factory put it in the mill upside down.

Back