New Build

That bike looks NICE Torques. Thanks for reposting the pics.

You know, with it stretched like that, you could probably move the motor up so that it rides 'inside' the chain... just add an upper 'tensioner' to raise the upper chain. Of course, the chain guard would also need to be worked on too, and that would be a shame.

I already had seriously considered the higher up position on my first build but came to the conclusion that it wasn't workable. When I studied that idea very carefully, there is absolutely no room for the upper chain there. The engine height puts the upper chain smack dab in the middle. I don't know how you would reroute the drive chain like that with let's say eight inches of deflection. The position now is really ok. It's true, you can't corner as steep to the right as to the left but since I don't have the gas tank under the motor, the cornering situation is like 90 percent better than on my first build before I moved it's gas tank up to under the seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Brain Still Clutched.

Okay, I have to ask...

The engine could be racked above rear wheel, from the pics?

I figured the low mount was for the esthetics and now not sure what the reason.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to do something no one has done before. Secondly, I figured with the motor below the axle line, the center of gravity should be lower than the high mount. The handling is better I'm sure with the lower center of gravity. The bike looks cleaner overall without the motor sticking up next to the rear fender. It's also easier to get on when you throw your right leg over the back of the bike to mount it, the motor isn't there for your leg to hit.

great build

i really like this bike!id like to do one also but,my electra rat rod would catch to much attention here.**** it.:eek:

Is the rat rod a stretch? If not, the low mounted motor may have clearance problems with the peddles.

Nice configuration Torques; with the tank under the seat there seems to be plenty more road clearance... I've considered something similar with my stretch as I'm bored with the current look. Nice job! Hope all is well with you, pm if you wanna talk...

That bike is soo nice looking !

Any chance of posting part numbers for the 460? Like clutch numbers, (the zenoha clutch?, 3rd bearing, and sprocket) . As well as the distance for the gebe ring.

I can not spell zenoha and my browsers dictionary is no help !!!!

Zenoah is spelled like that <--

Chung Yang makes replicas of the Zenoah engines, like the R460. You can also find Chung Yang replacement parts at the GoPed website.

torques

ya shes a stretch,i know i could put one on but i cant due to my police province here,no slack to be cut.it already looks like a motorcycle without the motor..im tryin to move to a gulf island near me with no faux authoritie figures,even though i dont have a problem here:)

It could work but I will say for the setup ABOUT the maximum tire size I can see workable now is 2.125. I'm not saying a larger rear tire couldn't be used with the GEBE system. I just haven't experienced those issues yet.

Back